Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Pa!

When she rolled awake in the morning, she saw, that her phone had been blowing up. It was Bonnie.

Are you awake?

We need to talk.

Esme, I need help.

Answer your phone, please.

Please, I need help.

She called her back, as quick as she could. Bonnie answered in a matter of seconds.

"Are you okay?" Bonnie asked, almost instantly.

"Yer, I'm fine" she muttered, still half asleep. She wasn't a morning person, but Mystic Falls had already started to change that.

"You don't sound fine" Bonnie replied.

"Bonnie, that's because it's nine in the morning" she replied. She knew she sounded tired, but she wasn't that tired.

"I've been up since seven-thirty" Bonnie snapped back.

"That's lovely Bonnie but I was working late" she responded, peeling herself out of bed. "But what wrong?"

"I need your help" she replied.

"Yer, I figured that when I saw you're like a thousand messages" she teased.

"Esme, please, I need a witch" she begged.

"I don't practice, Bonnie, you know that" she sighed.

"But you understand magic more than me, and I just - I need some to explain this spell to me" she explained.

Esme didn't believe her. She couldn't help but feel there was more to the story Bonnie wasn't telling her. But she'd have to tell her, in the end.

"I'll come by later, but I'm busy right now," she told her, heading down the stairs.

"Okay," Bonnie sighed. "I'll see you later."

"Bye," she muttered, hanging up on Bonnie, as she headed into the kitchen. "Pa" she called out, seeing him sitting at the table eating an omelette. "Didn't you have that yesterday?" she asked, grabbing a cup of tea.

"Nothing wrong with having the same thing," he said, shrugging it off.

"Is Julie coming today?" she asked, coming and sitting down, next to him.

"Yer, she's got the Docter update" he sighed.

Esme grabbed his hand on a whim. "You'll be fine" she promised.

She didn't even believe what she was saying. But maybe, if she said it enough everything could be alright for them, and for once, she wouldn't be cursed to lose everything.

He just stared at her for a moment, his mind elsewhere, before nodding, and agreeing. "Yer" he muttered.

"You alright with me going out for an hour or two?" she asked, picking up his empty plate and taking it over to the sink.

"You don't have to do that, for me" he called across to her.

"Well, I'm doing it now" she replied. He was too determined to be independent, for his own good. And if she had to forcefully take that power out of her hand, that's what she would do. "You didn't answer my question, Pa" she reminded him.