Chapter Three

After thirty minutes of interviews and filming, Gaeun was finally able get styled for the finale show. Nervously, she walks down the giant hallway to make her way down to they dressing rooms. Afraid of being late, she speeds up, causing her to collide with the back of a tall man. Unfazed, the man turns around and takes his sunglasses off. "Shin Gaeun?" Gaeun looks up at him in shock. "Hyungmin oppa?" She knew he was here, but what were the chances they would actually run in to each other. He smiles fondly. It's been years since they've seen each other. Despite being older, she didn't change a bit. He remembers always being enamored with her. The way Her cheeks looked like dumplings when she smiled. He also liked her voice. He enjoyed hearing her sing in the practice room. Her voice was addicting like sugar. As soon as you hear it, you just can't get enough. Hearing her voice again felt amazing.

"You can drop the formalities you know. You've always been so...formal." He speaks up.
"It's called being polite." Gaeun says. She smiles at him, but it quickly fades as she looks down. Hyungmin places his hand on her shoulder. "What's the matter?" "I'm nervous..." Gaeun says. "I've been saying it all day but...I feel like this is my last chance..I don't know what I'll do if I don't make it." Hyungmin raises her chin up, making her look him in his now, energetic eyes.
"Gaeun, you're hardworking, talented, and the most passionate girl I know. I can't imagine anyone better suited for this group and I know for a fact that you're going to get first place." Gaeun turns pink. "R-Really?" "Really.." Hyungmin nervously removes his hand from under her chin. Gaeun gives a small smile. "I'm surprised..." "Why?" The man questions. "I just....well we haven't spoke in a long time and I thought..." He smirks.
"I'd forget you?" She nods without making eye contact. "That's silly." Hyungmin brings Gaeun into his arms. She melts into his warm embrace.

They were close during their training days. He was always there for her no matter what. He was her biggest supporter, and even though she didn't realize it, he'd do anything he needed to make sure she knew he was by her side. He'd do anything for her. Sadly, after he debuted, they drifted apart and of course, Gaeun thought he forgot all about her. Gaeun scrunches her nose as a strong smell immediately fills her nostrils. She immediately pulls away and looks up at Hyungmin with disgust painted over her face. "Why do you smell like....booze?" "I-I have to make my way to the main stage." Hyungmin says trying to avoid being scolded. Gaeun grabs the sleeve of his jacket, preventing him from walking away. "Fine....I maybe have had a couple of drinks last night....I needed a night of fun for once. I haven't felt relaxed in a long time.. I've never even had a vacation." "I understand Hyungmin, but drinking this much is not the way to relax..especially when people can still smell it on you. Phew-" She uses her hands to fan the air.

"Okay okay I get it I stink." Hyungmin chuckles. "I'm serious!" The girl points her finger at him. There are much better ways to relax." "Okay, okay I understand mommy." He smirks. "Don't call me that!" Gaeun pouts. "I'm just teasing!" Hyungmin smiles and ruffles her hair. "I gotta go now, but I'll see you later. It was great seeing you again..maybe we could meet up to you know...catch up." "Sounds fun!" Gaeun smiles back. "I'd love to catch up!" "Great, I'll find you after the show..good luck Gaeun!" He winks at her and turns to find the main stage door. Gaeun takes a deep breath. She puts a hand on her chest. She didn't realize her heart was pounding that hard. It was weird, but she didn't think much of it. She begins to walk towards the dressing rooms, oblivious to the jealous figure that was watching from behind.
——————————————————————
"Gaeun-shii, you're so pretty. You have a gorgeous bare face." Says the makeup artist. The middle-aged woman continues to blend foundation. "You really suit being an idol!" "I hope so.." Gaeun sighs. The makeup artists hums as she applies the makeup. Adding glitter under her over her eyelids and the pink tinted gloss on her lips. Soon after she is done with her makeup, the hairstylist begins to style her hair. She puts her hair in a half up, half down ponytail with a pink ribbon to match the uniform girl girls had to wear. The stylist then takes down the curler that was used to keep her bangs fixed. After the long process of styling and getting dressed, Gaeun finally looks at herself in the mirror. She was in shock. They have worn the same uniform throughout the show, but now she wore a glittery bow tie instead of the normal bow she normally wore.

The makeup was also very different. It sparkled more to give the girls a glow under the spotlight. Gaeun couldn't believe her eyes. That was her in the mirror? The same girl? The other trainees must of had the same thought as most of them, including Eunji gathered around her. "Wahh you look so pretty!" "You look just like an idol already!" "You're such a visual!" "Gorgeous!" Gaeun blushes at the compliments, making sure to praise and compliment everyone else. Eunji smiles. "You look beautiful Gaeun-ah! Like a celebrity!" She giggles. "You look beautiful too!" Gaeun looks over at Linah who was staring at herself in the mirror. "You look amazing Linah! You definitely suit the idol look!"
"Gee thanks." Linah just gives a cold smile and walks away, making her way to the stage. Gaeun shrugs it off and follows.