𝕆𝕟𝕖

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕚𝕕𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙

"You have wasted my time." Calypso whispered, her dark hair falling into her face as she began to snarl, "I have been so kind to you all. I have given you food and water, and yet you haven't repaid the favor."

Her hypnotizing crystal blue eyes flashed bright grey while staring at the group of scared civilians in front of her. Each one fearing for their lives. "We- we're doing our best miss-" one began to say, but Calypso didn't care.

"YOUR BEST ISNT ENOUGH!" She screamed, twirling a ball of energy in her hands as she paced back and forth. "I NEED ALL OF YOU TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY! NOBODY BUT ME WILL SAVE YOU."

"The Avengers will save us!" A small child exclaimed, and his mother quickly shushed him before hiding him behind her. Calypso let a crooked smile grow on her face, knowing these people wouldn't be getting out of this alive anyway.

"I am an Avenger." She smirked, watching the hope fade from the civilians eyes. She took a small child's hand and led him to the edge of the cliff where they stood, her eyes staring out into the rolling green hills. "Beautiful isn't it?" She asked the young boy, her eyes never leaving the sea of green before her.

The young boy nodded, scared to say anything else to upset the witch.

Calypso's gaze softened when she looked out at the rolling green hills, her mind taking her back to when Bucky and her would sit together in lawn chairs while staring out into the green grass. She could practically feel his presence next to her, both of them conversations about how beautiful their house was overlooking the rolling green hills next to the clear lake.

She missed Bucky more than anything in the world. Anything that reminded her of him made her want to smash it into pieces. He was the one person who truly loved her. Who accepted her for her mistakes. And she loved him. They were soulmates.

But then he died, in a stupid mission he wasn't even supposed to go on. Calypso couldn't believe that he was dead. There was no way the love of her life was dead, until Steve walked back into the compound with the ring necklace he promised to never take off. She would never forget that moment.

A moment of pure pain.

She worriedly waited for Bucky to walk back inside, letting it all be a joke by Sam. She couldn't wait to be back in his arms. To just snuggle into his chest and tell him that she loved him more than life itself. And person after person came inside, giving the younger woman a sympathetic pat on the back before walking out with their head down.

She had a horrible feeling in her gut as Steve came in, his eyes rimmed with red as he fumbled with something in his hands. Where was Bucky?

"St-steve?" Callie asked, and Steve stayed silent, "Steve where's Bucky?"