IF I COULD FLY

A/N: Hey guysss it's been a while so sorry I went camping for like a week and have been busy but I'm back! Also so sorry I really didn't mean to make this one that sad but... yeah I think this is my first sad one... Hope you like it! And don't forget to grab your tissues ;)

LOUIS' POV

I'm laying on the bed on my phone when I realize Harry is standing in the doorway of our room with his guitar in hand. His eyes look slightly red and puffy like he has cried recently.

"Hey love what's up?" I ask a little concerned.

"Oh um nothing I just kinda... wrote you a song," he says.

"You did? Come here and play it for me," I say making room for him on the bed with a smile. I love when he writes for me. He doesn't think so but his songwriting is beautiful.

"I don't know... it could be rubbish," he says sitting down on the bed with the guitar in his lap.

"Harry Edward Styles, when are you gonna stop doubting your songwriting abilities?" l say crossing my arms.

"When I actually write a good song-"

"Harry! You are the best songwriter I know!" I say grabbing his face. It's silly to think Harry is insecure about his songwriting or anything really because I'm pretty sure he's the closest to perfection that a human can get. "Will you please show me this song that I already know is going to be a masterpiece?"

This earns a small smile out of Harry making me smile as well.

"Fine," he says.

He starts strumming the guitar and singing some of the most beautiful lyrics I have ever heard.

"If I could fly I'd be comin' right back home to you

I think I might give up everything, just ask me to

Pay attention, I hope that you listen 'cause I let my guard down

Right now I'm completely defenseless

For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart

For when you're lonely and forget who you are

I'm missing half of me when we're apart

Now you know me, for your eyes only"

I study his face while he sings. There is so much emotion behind the lyrics and you can see in the furrow of his brows and the tremble of his lip that he really means it. Every word.

By the time finishes the first chorus tears are running down my face. He stops playing and cups my face with his hand wiping a tear away.

"I'm sorry," he whispers.

"No no no," I shake my head before kissing him lightly. "Thank you that was the most beautiful song I've ever heard. I love it. And I love you. So much," My voice is shaking but I smile.

I've never loved anyone or anything this much. It's like he's the only important thing in the world. Like anything could happen but if I had him everything would be alright.

But then reality hits me. Everything's not alright. Because just ten minutes ago Simon texted me telling me I have to do a pap walk tomorrow with Eleanor. Because we're always hiding. Because even though the lyrics he just sang had a lot of love behind them there was this deep sadness as well.

"I'm so fucking sick of this," I say pulling away from him a little.

"Sick of what?" he asks looking concerned.

"I just got a text from Simon. I have to do a pap walk tomorrow. With Eleanor," I say glaring at my phone in my lap.

"Oh..." his face falls. I hate to see him like this. I just want him to be happy.

"I'm sorry..." I say.

"It's ok I know you don't have a choice," he says with a fake smile.

"No it's not ok you don't deserve this," I say running a hand through my hair. "You deserve to be free and I hate myself for not being able to give that to you,"

"Louis..."

"Maybe you deserve better than me..."

"Louis how do you not understand there is nothing and no one better than you?" he grabs my hands, "You are the only one for me. I don't think I could live without you. I don't think I'd want to. I don't care about Simon or Eleanor or any of it because this is what matters. Just us. You and me. And I'm not letting you go. Ever," We're both crying at this point.

I kiss him like my life depends on it and the whole world all melts away.

"I love you more than anything," I whisper.

"Me too,"