chapter 1

I'm running through the forest, ignoring the pain of the branches hitting my face. I know where I'm going, I'm going to the place where Raven will be.

In the distance behind me, I hear a roar of a man, he's chasing me into the woods. A woman that first ran beside him is now running in a different direction, the direction I want to go in, the direction Raven went in.

I must stop her; Raven is wounded and won't be able to stop her. I change my course to go a little more to the left so I can hopefully cut her off.

The woman is fast, but I have a bit of a head start. I look in the direction where the woman is headed, and I can see the lake. Too close. The woman is too fast, I pump my arms in the hopes of going a little bit faster. The man chasing me is getting closer.

As I try to go faster, the pain in my leg screams for me to stop. But I push the pain away and keep running.

I'm getting so close to the woman in front of me. My only shot to make her stop is to throw her over and then after that I have no plan of what to do.

As I get closer to the woman, the man gets even closer to me. I can see that he's trained for battle all his life, just like this woman, and even if I managed to take out one of them by sheer luck, I wouldn't be able to defeat the other one in any combat. Except if I were to get a bow of sorts.

Me and Raven have had the same training when we were kids, but I have always been better with the bow and arrow.

My mother loved archery. My mother got me when she was very young and died at my birth. From my teachers, whom I found because of a notebook, I was told she was the best archer they had ever seen and that she quickly outgrew all her teacher's archery skills.

My mother was a fighter. The notebook once belonged to her. It was her diary, and in it, she noted all the ones that had thought her. Me and Raven went by all of them except one.

Hello, my name is Artemis and I'm on the run.