chapter 3

White. Blue. Brown. The colors start to appear in my vision as I realize where I am. I'm at sea and I'm on a boat. I look down at myself and see that I again am wearing a corset, and a long white dress.

Just as I see the darkness, I also hear the screams. There's a storm approaching, and it's approaching fast.

The boat starts to violently shake as the waves clash into it. I must get to a railing to stop myself from falling over.

As I grab the railing, which is already wet and slippery, I see her. The captain.

A woman with red hair slams open a door that leads to the front of the ship.

"Brace yourself"

I wake up in cold sweats. As I jump up, I vaguely start to remember what happened last night. My head hurts and my vision blurs as I try to sit up. Once it's back again I see Raven next to me, they are sleeping peacefully.

I feel a warm source of light coming from the end of my bed. And just as I look, I remembered the winged men from last night. One of them, the blonde one, is sitting against the wall poking in the fire that is burning in the fireplace.

The other one, Ravi, is still sleeping. He's lying-in front of the fire with his majestic wings wrapped around him.

I shiver, it's cold here under this blanket already, even with Raven sleeping next to me. I can't imagine how cold the boy must have been before the fire was lit.

I realize that I am staring at him and pan my eyes away from him again. Right into another pair of eyes.

The blonde boy is staring at me.

"Is he that interesting?"

My cheeks flush as I realize how long I was staring at Ravi, and how this blonde man saw me do that.

"I just woke up and saw two guys lying on my floor, give me a break" I say to him.

"You were the one that asked us to help, it was too late for us to fly home after that."

I don't like this guy.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Why do you want to know?" He bites

This asshole.

"Because you are sleeping in my house" I bite back

"Last time I was here, this place was uninhabited, it's as much your house as it is mine"

"My mother lived here, it was her's before, and now it's mine" I say, why am I even explaining myself to this idiot.

"Lucifer" he says.

"Lucifer?"

"Yeah, that's my name, that's what you wanted right. Now, what's your name?"

"Artemis" I answer.

Our conversation must have been a bit loud, because next to me I hear Raven waking up.

They sit upright, and their eyes close and open as if they are focusing on something.

"What...?" Raven says

I can't help but smile seeing Raven be conscious and talking, even though their only word was 'what'. I'm glad they're back.

I pan my eyes and meet Lucifers. He looks at me with a look like he wants me to say something to Raven.

"Uhm" I start

"Well, this is Lucifer, and the other one is Ravi. Ravi saved your life yesterday"

Wow, that was the greatest explanation ever given...

Lucifer stares at me and then looks to Raven. "Hi" he says.

I watch Lucifer to see if he's going to say anything more than just 'hi', and it seems he will not.

"Hi" Raven says back, evenly as elaborate.

"Well, this is Raven" I add.

"Nice to meet you Raven"

According to the moving wings on the ground, I assume Ravi woke up as well.

"Where tf am I and why tf is it so cold?"

"Good morning to you too Ravi" Lucifer laughs.

Ravi sits up straight and looks in Lucifers direction. As his eyes move by our bed, I see him for the first time.

Yesterday was hectic, so every moment in which we communicated, I didn't really look at him.

His eyes move on from me and then switch between me and Lucifer.

I see a slightly tanned skin with eyes in a dark shade of brown, the same color as his hair.

His hair is a bit messy since he just woke up. It's in front of his eyes slightly. Instead of removing the hair from his eyes, he lets it sit that way and tilts his head back a little to be able to see me.

The only way I can describe his look is 'annoyance', why is he annoyed at me.

"Hello Ravi, I'm Artemis"

His look softens as if he realized I'm just introducing myself, and not necessarily trying to start a war.

"Hi, I'm Ravi" he says.

I look at Raven to see if they are going to introduce themselves this time or still not.

"I'm Raven" they say.