005 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐰𝐨𝐠

Beat It - Michael Jackson2:27 ━────── ❍ ── - 4:18↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

2:27 ━────── ❍ ── - 4:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

___________________
VERA'S POV ˚.*ೃ
"I still don't get why why they call him zombie boy." Max whispers to Lucas and I, who are walking down the Hawkins High hallways. "Because everyone thought he was dead." Lucas puts simply.

"We had a funeral for him and everything" I add, thinking back to the day I found out a Will Byers was allegedly 'dead.' I was hysterical. Mike and I have known Will since we were kids, it was my first big loss. Will was my best friend. We'd sit on my bed and whisper secrets to each other, pinky promising to never repeat them under any circumstances. He told me he had a crush on my brother once. I still have to suppress my smile whenever they're in a ten-meter radius of each other and secretly hope they get together.

"After a week?" Max questions, unbelievably.

"Well, see some other kid drowned in the quarry." Lucas said, to this Max raises her eyebrows.

"We though it was Will because his body was super decomposed." I try to make the story a bit more believable.

"What? Okay that's not funny." Max crosses her arms at us. "It's not a joke." "It's public knowledge. You can ask anybody." Lucas persuades.

"Except for Will because he is super sensitive about it." I say, hitting Max's arm. "Okay." Lucas gives a slight nod before heading to class. I turn to do so as well when someone grabs my shoulder.

"Hey." I turn back to see Max.

"What's up?"

"I just wanted to ask you how Halloween was." I let out a warm smile. "I saw you with that guy and you two looked pretty cozy. Do you... like him?"

I let out a breathy laugh as I shake my head. Why does everyone think we are a thing? "No, that's just Matt. We are definitely just friends." She raises her eyebrows and tilts her head slightly.

"I'm not sure if I believe you."

"Hey I wouldn't lie to you. We're friends now, right?"

▸▸ TIME SKIP ▸▸

"The case of Phineas Gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time." This is all I hear Mr Clarke present before completely zoning out. Usually I'd be interested in this stuff, but I caught Max staring at Will at the start of class. Does she like him? Surely not, she doesn't know him that well. Does she think she's weird because of what Lucas and I told her?

My body jolts suddenly as the door flings open. Of course it's Dustin. "Please continue." He imposes as he sits on his chair and begins taking the books out of his bag. He turns around and all of our heads bow in, as if whatever Henderson is about to whisper won't be heard by the rest of the class. "We have to meet, all of us, at lunch. AV club."