9

The bright light from the sun pricked my skin, its bright light immediately blinding my eyes for a couple seconds, I sat up looking at the now blue ocean, with waves crashing into each other, I raised my hands, feeling the sunlight on my skin, feeling the light heat that radiated from it. This was one of the times I felt like Tarak, not Alpha king or a lycan but just normal, someone who is allowed the simple normalites of life even though they are the mundane. I wanted to just laugh without care, wander around just basking in the sun, I wanted to feel the air ruffle my hair, I wanted to lay in the coarse caress of the sand but sadly I wasn't allowed such luxuries, I was only born to slave away, fighting battles that no man would ever fight for me all I wanted or desired was just a semblance of normality. I laid back allowing a tear to roll down my eyes, I doubted if I cried for a decade, I carried so many a great baggage on my shoulders, I doubt if I had it in Me to continue moving on. I heard water splash and I immediately wiped the lonely tear from my eyes.
"You know the last time you wept was centuries ago." I gave a bitter smile "ever since then you've only let out a small lonely tear"
"It's broad daylight Anahita I doubt if Roshan would like us to be together."
"Do not fret old friend, he is preoccupied with his latest obsession at the moment" we stayed in comfortable silence just revelling in the brightness of the sun, it felt wonderful, we would enjoy this moment before we go back to the cold castles we unfortunately are the prisoners in.

"You know Tarak, you are allowed to have emotions"
"What can I feel except despair and pain."
"Love, warmth and happiness, kindness Tarak" I let out a sad laugh
"They all elude me ,my friend "
"You worry me Tarak." I patted her sea green hair
"There is no need to worry Anahita." I paused "you have your battles to fight and so do I" we sat there for moments but when the waves roared we knew it was time for her to go.
"Goodbye Tarak"
"Goodnight Anahita"
I sat on the sandy beach watching her swim deep into the water until I couldn't see the ends of her beaded tail again. I dusted myself off pulling on my boots after I had taken them off to feel the sand on my feet, I dusted my self of dreading the walk to my castle as I drew nearer to the aged building. I took one more deep breath enjoying the peace that came with solitude before stepping into the court yard.

"Your majesty " I saw my brothers, women and men of the court, my generals standing around with worry etched on their faces. Axel and Kiev walked towards me "Brother, where have you been" even Zalika seemed worried. "There's is no need to worry I am here Alive and well."
"Very well ,your majesty." They all cleared out leaving me in the presence of my brothers and Darius.
"Will you tell us where you have been all night Tarak."
"No" everyone thought Anahita was dead and for her own safety I would keep it that way.
"You cannot be doing such things Tarak, the kingdom needs their king" Kiev said
"It's not like the kingdom wouldn't drink and eat the fattest of cows if I die."
"It is this foolish behaviour that make them despise you so"
"Very well Kiev, I wasn't supposed to be king anyways, it was always you, so should heavens grant me the wish of death, you can finally rule the way you are suppose to."

I gave a small mocking smile before marching down the room, I had fought the urge to clutch my heart for it was hurting, it seemed as if a million needles had pricked it. All I wished was for people to see the effort, the risk I had taken even if they did see it, they would always see me as the power hungry son who killed his own parents, I would always be seen in the shadow of Kiev who the people had desired to reign over them.
It was no secret that Kiev was the favorite child, everyone could see how he was pampered and taken care off, he lived in the crown prince's Chambers, a place I was supposed to but I was tossed into the deep, cold basement. Never had I once been jealous of my brothers, though I wanted to trade lives with them desperately, I sought my parents approval more than I sought my own.
I gave up on trying and fully blended with darkness, those days, no one knew of my presence in the castle, I discovered many secret doors and catacombs in the castle. I had gotten so lost in my thoughts that I jumped slightly at Ophelia's presence in my room
"Ophelia, what brings you here." I cleared my throat a bit trying to calm my frazzled heart
"It's dinner time milord." She gave a small smile
I gave a curt nod and dismissed her. I dreaded this dinner, I knew Kiev was bound to burst sooner or later, questions would be thrown left right and center. I put on my cloak taking in a deep breath, forcing my self to take one step after another until I got to the dining hall. I walked in ignoring my brothers, and the generals alike. The room swelled with tension, the maids brought my dinner and I buried my self in my chalice filled with wine. I wanted to try and drown in it if it was possible. Axel was trying to mindlink me but I blocked him out.
I put my hand on my head to try and ease the pain caused from His continuous persistence to mindlink me.
"Stop please Axel."
"Then stop trying to resist me."
"Fine, what is it you want .,"
"I...." our mind link was cut off when a heaving Ophelia burst through the doors.
She sped towards me, "your majesty you must come immediately."
I nodded, kicked back my seat to stand up 'shall we accompany Tarak."
"There is no need Axel, enjoy your meal." I stood up, walking out feeling kievs eyes on my back,
My eyes glazed over "be safe Tarak "
"I will Axel" I hadn't realised I bumped into someone, but when the sweet scent of pineapple and sandalwood combined with pine ticked my nose, I looked at my mate who's hands were intertwined with Axel's beta Azim. I simply glanced at her for a second before walking away.

It was better this way, wasn't this what you always wanted Tarak.
I clutched my heart through my tunic, Ophelia led me through my bathing hall, the water had flooded over and had mixed deeply with blood, I walked in letting Ophelia wait outside for me, I looked into the giant tub and saw a bloody Anahita floating around the surface.
"Anna " I crouched down in the bloody bath , grabbing her cold cheeks in my palm.
I shook her in panic, almost every part of her body was bleeding though the wounds were healing, they looked craftily carved on her skin
Her Ruby like eyes opened "Tarak " she croaked out.
"Who did this to you." She coughed blood out "Roshan" she said before she slipped into darkness.