1: Spongebob?

It was a very normal day down in Bikini Bottom. A certain go-lucky fry cook was on his merry way to work.

"Oh hi, Squidward!" He waved at his co-worker who was walking to the Krusty Krab with a little bit less energy than the yellow sponge.

Squidward let out a groan before ignoring Spongebob. Spongebob did not seem to take the hint and continued walking beside him, irritating Squidward.

When they finally reached their workplace, Mr. Krabs greeted them as usual. He seemed to have been in a good mood because he even praised them for only being 2 seconds late.

It was a very normal day at the Krusty Krab. Spongebob started up the grill and waited for the orders to roll in. Squidward sat at the cash register, taking all the orders.

Oh, that's funny. Spongebob thought. When did he drop some ketchup on the floor.

"Not to worry, It's nothing that a sponge can't fix." He exclaimed loudly before soaking it all up with his body and then squeezing it all out onto the sink.

"Spongebob? What's taking so long." Squidward screamed.

Woah, had he been working on the stain for longer than he had thought?

He went back to the grill. Oh, no! The patties had all burned up. He was going to get an earful from Mr. Krabs later for sure. But he kept on working with a new batch of patties.

"Hi Spongebob!" A deep voice yelled from the other side of the wall that seperated the kitchen from the dining area.

"Oh hi Patrick!" Spongebob replied excitedly. "What brings you to the Krusty Krab? Would you like a Krabby Patty?"

"No, I just came to see you Spongebob."

Spongebob smiled at his sweet words. "Aw shucks, Patrick. You're the greatest best friend ever"

"No, I really need to see you." Patrick replied in a serious tone. "Can we talk outside?"

Spongebob squinted his eyebrows in confusion. "Patrick, you know I'm working right? We can talk after I'm done."

"No Spongebob, this is important." Patrick insisted.

"Well, I dont think Mr. Krabs would mind if I went out just for a little bit." He said to himself before going out of the restaurant with Patrick.

Squidward could be heard yelling at him to come back but Spongebob figured it wouldn't take too long. "So what's going on, Pat?"

Patrick looked at spongebob with a dumbfounded look. "Uhh.." He said, rubbing his chin.

"Well? What did you want to talk to me about?" Spongebob asked again, getting a little worried about the customer situation inside the restaurant.

Patrick kept looking at him blankly.

"Well, take your time and I'll be right out after work." Spongebob said, turning around to head back to the kitchen.

"Wait, I just remembered!" Patrick exclaimed. "Sandy asked me to come here to tell you to come over to her tree dome. She said it's important."

"Sandy? What could she possibly want?" Spongebob asked, more to himself than to Patrick.

"I don't know." Patrick shrugged.

"Okay I'll just meet her after work then." Spongebob said, stepping towards the Krusty Krab again.

"No, don't go back in there, Spongebob!" Patrick whispered loudly.

"What, why?" Spongebob asked, getting even more confused.

"Because.. uh I forgot.." Patrick said, frowning at his own forgetfulness. "But whatever you do, don't go back into the restaurant."

Taking Patrick's word for it, they both headed to Sandy's tree dome. Sandy didn't seem too alarmed as Spongebob had expected and welcomed the two boys into her homespace.

"Okay so I asked Patrick to call you because I wanted to show you something really strange." Sandy admitted, pointing at her handmade computer. "Here, take a look at this!"

Sandy had placed security cameras all around Bikini Bottom to capture the natural movement and living habits of marine animals for her study.

When Spongebob peeked at the screen, he saw the footage taken at 1AM from the security camera pointed towards the Krusty Krab. At first, there was nothing there.

After a while, Spongebob spotted a figure walking or crawling towards the restaurant. The figure wasn't too clear though.

"Hmm, that's weird." Spongebob said wondering if a hungry customer had wanted a late night snack. But the movements of the figure were extremely unnatural.

Right before reaching the door, the footage skips to about 10 seconds later and the figure was no longer there.

"Looks like my camera bugged out for a couple of seconds." Sandy explained. "NOT! I made all these cameras to be as efficient as possible. The only way it could've skipped over a period of time is it was manually messed with."

"So what you're saying is the hungry customer must've played with your security camera?" Spongebob asked.

"No, I'm saying that there could be a group of trouble-makers, the figure included, trying to sabotage Bikini Bottom." Sandy said crossing her arms. "And I'm gonna stop it. But I need your help."

"Troublemakers? That's not good at all! We have to stop them!" Spongebob said enthusiastically.

Patrick joined in on the enthusiasm even though he wasn't paying much attention the whole time they were there.

"There is one thing that irks me a little." Sandy said. "My cameras have crystal clear footage of everything else except for the figure."

Spongebob looked at the screen once again. She was right. Everything else was extremely clear. You could even see the individual sand particles on the sea bed. But the figure.

The figure looked as though it didn't belong there. It was almost one solid colour, that colour being black and the shape was very unusual as well. No facial features could be detected. No clothes, No arms, no legs.

Yup. Just a normal day in Bikini Bottom.