𝟏𝟕| 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

ANTHEA

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

I was home alone, sitting in my big leather chair in my home office. As the leader of the most powerful mafia in the city, I rarely had any moments of peace and quiet.

I was in the middle of reviewing some important documents when I heard a faint noise coming from the window. I instantly tensed up, my instincts telling me that someone was trying to break in. I grabbed my gun and cautiously made my way towards the window, keeping an eye on the shadowy figure outside. Today, everyone was on some mission.

So it can't be anyone from my team.

"Who's there?" I called out, trying to sound confident and in control.

No response. I could feel my heart beating faster as I realized that this was not a simple burglary. They were after me. But why now, when I was home alone, without any backup or protection?

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of glass shattering as the intruder smashed through the window. Without thinking twice, I jumped onto the couch and quickly made my way up to the second floor. I could hear the intruder's heavy footsteps getting closer and knew that I had to act fast.

I heard one of the men shout, "She's here! Get her!"

Without giving it a second thought, I ran towards the open window and jumped out, falling two stories down. I landed with a loud thud and felt a sharp pain shoot through my ankle. But I didn't have time to worry about that, I had to get away.

I could see the intruder peering out the window, probably in shock at my daring escape. I quickly got up and limped my way towards the nearest alley, but seeing that they are chasing me.

I ran as fast as I could, not looking back. I could hear them shouting and chasing after me. I checked my phone and saw that my men were still far away. I was on my own.

I kept running, my heart racing and adrenaline pumping through my veins. My mind was racing with thoughts of survival and escape. But then, two shots were fired and I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen and leg.

I stumbled but quickly got back up, ignoring the pain. I couldn't let them catch me. I had to keep running. I couldn't afford to be caught. They would never let me live it down.

With all the strength I had left, I pushed myself further, running faster than I ever had before. The shots were getting closer and I could hear them gaining on me.

But I refused to give up. I refused to go down without a fight. I was Anthea,and I couldn't be caught, not now.

As I finally reached the forest, I knew I was close to my safe house. I could see my men waiting for me, guns drawn. I struggled to catch my breath as I stumbled towards them.

"She's been shot," one of my men exclaimed, helping me up.

"I'll live," I managed to say, trying to sound stronger than I felt.

As we made our way back to safety, I couldn't help but think about how close I came to being caught.

Then darkness.