Chapter Five

I drew out the dagger I had managed to slip into my boot. I twisted the jilt twice in a clockwise direction, elongating the dagger into a short sword. Liaka's hands lit up on fire, and a rider swooped down and landed in front of us.

She took off her helmet, and shook out her hair.

"Gina!" I exclaimed happily.

"Ash!" she shouted, then hopped off the dragon and ran over.

"I thought you were one of them! I'm so glad you're not!" she continued.

"So am I." I laughed.

"Um, guys? Sorry to run this moment, but there's a fight brewing." Liaka butted in.

"Right." Gina pulled a bow off her shoulder, and unhooked a large quiver of arrows from her belt.

"Trade you for the sword?" she offered.

I accepted, and handed over the sword. In response, Gina tossed the bow over, as well as the arrows.

I restrung the bow, and looped it over my shoulder.

Liaka grabbed my arm.

"We need to leave. Now!"

The riders were facing off a mammoth-sized dragon.

"That's the queen." Liaka added.

"Okay, just how warped is this place?" I exclaimed.

"You have no idea." Liaka sighed.

"Okay, hop on." Gina ordered.

I climbed on to her dragon, but Liaka went over to the green spirit and ran up the wing.

"What are you doing?" Gina cried.

"I'm not leaving without Bikala." Liaka announced.

"Fine. Try to keep up." Gina grumbled.

"Guys! Argue later, fly now!" I ordered.

"Fine." Liaka answered.

"Okay." Gina agreed.

I sighed, and held on to the saddle as tightly as I could, thinking everything through.

The queen was the leader of the Shadow cult.

I had killed the last Great Blue.

I was a murderer.

                                                                                    _~*~_

When we made it back to Tiglars, Gina took us to Cuequolla, the queen of the warrioresses.

"Your majesty, I have returned safely from the Darklands, along with two dragons, Liaka, a fire girl, and-"

"Ashara Kimanatall." the queen exhaled sharply, and leant forward on her throne.

"Y-yes, your majesty." Gina stammered.

Cuequolla sighed.

"Gina, how many times do I have to tell you? Please, call me mother."

I stumbled back a step.

Liaka barked a laugh.

"Okay, this is just getting weird. I mean, first Ash, and now Gina? Is anyone else here a royal?"

The queen cleared her throat pointedly.

"No offence, your majesty." Liaka added hastily.

"None taken. I presume you are Liaka Hintas?" the queen assured her.

"Yes. How did you know my last name? I'm pretty sure Gina didn't mention it." Liaka replied, startled.

"I have been keeping an eye on what goes on around this world, and into other realms. Nothing escapes my sight." Cuequolla answered calmly.

"Wait. Does that mean you saw what happened to my kingdom? Do you know how to fix it?" I exclaimed.

"Yes." The queen replied softly.

Sorry for not updating sooner.  Two or three week absences will probably be common, but I will try to publish at least one chapter per week.

Also, thank you to anyone whom I have bounced ideas off, as I now have a clear idea of what will happen next.

~SCK