Chapter Four

×× Alexx's Point of View ××

Brooke knocks on my door. Well, someone does. Mom and Dad are never here over the weekend. And the bring Xander with them. So it has to be Brooke... or I'm in trouble..

"Alexx? Are you hungry?"

Yeah. It's Brooke.

"Can I have my phone back?"

"That's not what I asked."

"No. I'm not hungry. Now can I have my phone back?"

She looked at me, giving me the 'I can't believe you're doing this' look.

"Alexx, you need to eat. It's not healthy to be doing this to yours-"

I cut her off.

"Brooklyn Elizabeth Adams, I am not starving myself. I'm not hungry, okay?"

"Alexx Marie Adams, I have every right to worry. Either way you need to eat, okay?"

"Then can I have my phone?"

Brooke nodded her head to say yes, so I followed her down the hall to the kitchen. She pulls a lasagna out of the oven. Brooke is good at everything, and it amazes me. She can literally do anything you ask her to, whereas I seem to be able to do absolutely nothing right.

"You want to do something fun today?"

"Sure."

"What do you want to do?"

"Surprise me."

×× Brooke's Point of View ××

I get into the car, with Alexx next to me. I'm not sure where we're going, only that it needs to be somewhere fun, and somewhere far. Alexx needs to forget about all this crap.

Our conversation was one sided though, she pretty much ignored me with her ear buds in. I guess she's still mad at me. She has no right to be mad at me though, I'm only trying help her. I know what's best for her weather she believes me or not.

"Alexx? Alexx?"

She doesn't answer me. Not that I expected her to. She's mad and I get it. I'll let her be mad for a while. I mean she's only fourteen. It's okay for her to blow things out of proportion I guess.

"Brooke watch out!" I hear, before everything goes black.