May's Bitter-Sweet Arrival

Moments passed with the three in utter silence. A bitter frown was left pasted on her face, as she began to move in closer to them. May pauses herself beside Drew and receives their undivided attention. "I see you were able to stand up for her" her eyes slipped down onto Bella, who sweated nervously on the spot. "It's just a shame you weren't able to do the same for me"

"May..."

She ignored his first call out, and continued to be on her way. Drew makes a swift turn and shouts "Stop!" forcing her to abide.

"It hurts... doesn't it?"

"What does?" he asks, frustrated.

"Being forced to watch my back as I leave you behind" she replies. "Familiar.. is it not?"

Drew's facial expression softens as his brows become arched. "You cannot be serious? Was all this for revenge?!"

"Against you? No." May answers. "However; I am in search of something, and anyone who stands in my way, this including your blue-haired barbie and even you Drew... I will kill you"

Upon hearing May's threat, Bella scrambled to the nearest standing wall, rather fearful of the girl before them. She stole a few glances and wondered to herself- "Who is this woman?" She thought back to something Drew said to her earlier, and due to realisation, her eyes widened and body trembled. "No way! That's Mr Drew's rival?! This is the woman he cannot seem to rid from his mind?"

"You are going to harm even your friends?"

Just as Drew asked that, a man with short hair the colour of starlight walked onto the scene. A green bandana wrapped around his forehead as he stuck his hands into his track pants pockets, and chuckled beside her.

"I don't need friends" she replied, walking away from the three. "I don't need anyone. If you are foolish enough to follow me, then you deserve to suffer"

Once she left, the new man turned to Drew and grinned. "You must be Drew" he sneered. "I'm Brendan, and I have heard a lot about you Mr "Former Lover" of May's" Drew grinds his teeth together in displeasure of Brendan's words.

Drew flicked his fringe out of his face and gave a slight chuckle of his own. "Oh?" he asked. "And who are you to May, exactly?"

"I'm the guy who rocks her world"

Bella noticed Drew clenching his fists, and she bounced up to restrain him. "Mr Drew! You cannot!" she screams, hooking her arms with his as he stood behind him to hold him back. She peers over his shoulders and glares at the man. "Mr Brendan! You need to leave this instant" she instructs.

Brendan laughs. "You better hold him back sweetheart" he smirks mischievously. "I'd hate for this playboy to bite off more than he can chew"

With those words being left, lingering in the air, Brendan left. Waving farewell to the two as he vanished from sight. Drew growled squirming until he was free from Bella's grasp. "Your rival.." Bella begins. "Is quite scary"

"You have no idea" he answers Bella, walking over to where Harley laid.

(That evening)

"Damn it!"

Her breathing was heavy, lungs aching from her constant shouts. May and Brendan were staying with a friend, and like usual, May had locked herself in the bathroom to cry, alone. She pressed her back up against the door and slid down it slowly, grasping her raised knees.

"Just hearing this makes me want to cry" said his friend, facing Brendan opposite the coffee table in the lounge. Brendan sighs.

He stares down at his coffee cup and replies- "I know Jasper, thank you for baring with it" Jasper looks at his saddened friend and sighs, scratching the back of his head.

"Jeez, you don't need to look so sorry" Jasper snarls. "I enjoy having a woman's company... even if she is slightly, unstable?"

They laugh together, quickly having the awkward silence flood in as weeping could still be heard from the bathroom. "It's not that she's unstable" Brendan exclaims. "Despite how she acts once alone... it's a rather difficult story to tell"

Jasper was quite a handsome man. smooth, long hair. The colour of liquorice. With captivating poison-like eyes. He met Brendon through Poke-school, and May through an accidental tag-team match against two aces. It wasn't until two years ago that Brendan brought May to Jasper, seeking a place to settle down for a bit.

"I have time" Jasper says as response to his friends comment. Brendan sighed once more and began to inform Jasper on what he was told during his and May's first encounter......

"I had hoped to keep hidden from Drew a little while longer... stupid blue-haired troll" May grumbles. "I should have used that steam to my advantaged and fled- Wait... no. That's not right. I cannot run... I run no longer, I promised myself that seven years ago"

She hits the door multiple times with the back of her head. May looks up at the ceiling, patterns becoming a blur to her as she slowly begins to drift off into a light slumber. She had her hair tied high in a ponytail, outfit being nothing out of the ordinary. Similar design to her original ones as a teenager.

"I'm sorry...." she mumbles, continuing to drift. "I am afraid... I am still as weak as I was back then. Still afraid to cry in front of others.. to be me".....

"So that's what happened?"

Brendan nods. "Yes. I didn't know how I should have reacted at the time, to be frank, i'm still uncertain on how to act around her"

"Man, I don't know how to say this" Jaspers runs his fingers through his lush hair, as he moved it away from his eyes to get a better look at Brendan. "I wouldn't cling to her for too long. She's a ticking time bomb bound to explode regardless if you are with her at the time or not!"

"I know, but I can't leave her"

"Eh? Why the hell not-"

"We are partners!" Brendan interrupts, hand out signalling for Jasper to further his sentence no longer. "I will gladly die for May anytime! Just to for once... see her smile"

A moments silence passed with Jasper's brows forming a glare. "You're in love with her?" he asked. Expecting Brendan to madly blush and refuse all feelings he may have for her possible, Jasper was indeed surprised when he got neither of those reactions out of him.

"I do" Brendan laughs. "I am stupidly, insanely in love with May Maple!"

To be Continued.
A Friends Plead