Episode 03: Wishes and Delusions

Word Count: 2767

"I've got an idea." Ush raised his paw to gather everyone's attention. "Why don't we talk to Adamaii. He knows a lot about inter-dimensional stuff."

"if we can find out where he is, that would be a great idea." Dally said.

"does anyone remember which direction group D went?" Yugo asked, and was met with an awkward silence. he sighed. "I guess we'll have to do it the old-fashioned way."

✧•✧•✧

the groups split into their teams again. Group B stayed with Amalia at the strange tree while groups A and C split up to look for Adamaii.

After what must have been hours of wandering among the columns following trails of arrows, Yugo finally ran into a big stone wall.

"A....wall?" Ush blinked. "The arrows can't stop here!"

"Aha! so there IS an end to this place!!" Coqueline bounced up and down excitedly. "If we follow the wall, then there's got to be an exit somewhere!"

Yugo breathed a sigh of releif. "Adamaii must have seen this too, and I bet he's looking for an escape right no— WAUGH!"

As he leaned against the wall to rest, the formerly hard stone began twisting and pulling him into the wall. He tried to scream, but the goopy mass had already covered his mouth, and before he knew it, he was completely enveloped in it. It was suffocating. the small eliatrope could barely breathe. He couldn't even move.

And then just as quickly as it had started, the wall spat him out. Yugo coughed and hacked, pebbles and tiny chips of stone came out of his throat.

He looked up hazily to see an ocean stretching out before him, with light blue mist obscuring the distance. He looked down to see that he had been spat out into water. or rather, onto water.

He turned around and touched the wall again, and it was solid. No turning back now, the only way left to go was forward.

Shakily, Yugo got up, surprised at how the water supported his weight, flowing under his feet like he was weightless. He awkwardly stepped forward, and the water held. So he kept walking.

As he walked into the mist, it cleared for him, and tiny lights danced around him, all of them seeming to guide him forward. They were too quick to grab, and when Yugo tried to use his portals to get to them, he discovered that he couldn't. whenever he made a portal, it would dissipate and would be drawn forward, into the mist.

the farther he went, the more Yugo felt like he was being pulled forward. The little lights playfully danced around him, and sometimes buzzed into his back to move him forwards. If he stopped for too long, the lights would start to burn into his back, stinging him seemingly as a punishment. Yugo obliged begrudgingly.

Through the mist, he began to see a faint glow, so he picked up the pace, walking a little faster to meet it as the glow grew stronger. He began to notice vines frame his path.

As he got closer, the mist cleared, and Yugo saw a bright object enveloped in vines, coming up from the middle of the ocean. the object was glowing too much to see, but there was a figure next to it, faintly illuminated by it's shine.

...Adamaii!

Yugo began racing towards his brother. Once he got close enough, Yugo stopped next to him to catch his breath.

"I was worried about you, Ad." He laughed. "...What are you doing in here?"

Adamaii stared at the glowing object.