There's Three?

Muichiro knocked on the mahogany front door of his clients abode patiently. The excitement in his heart raced from the fact he'd be taking care of somebody else's dog. When Shinobu helped him put up his flyers he never really expected somebody to actually call him. But despite having not been entirely ready, he knew he could get the job done.

"Come in!" A deep voice from inside yelled, grabbing Muichiros attention instantly.

He jumped up in surprise as his eyes traced the brown shades of the grandeur door.

But the door is locked right...? He thought to himself.

He found his hand turning the door knob in trepidation of what was to happen. Much to his surprise, the door opened fluently announcing his welcome into the abode. Before even landing a foot inside the house, he was easily taken aback by the pristine aroma of sweet potato pie.

"Mmn~ That smells beautiful."

He took a few deep breaths and rehearsed his already pre-planned lines. Once he found himself as ready, he entered the pleasant home that lived the dogs he'd dogsit.

Inside, he found his client multitasking in a hurry. His client seemed to have been on a phone call—the phone on his shoulder as he arched it up with his head holding it in place. All the while, he had been baking up a pie that was nearly up and ready.

His client looked up to spot him and smiled, before looking back at his phone.

"One second, my dogsitter is here," He said to the person he was on the phone with.

He set the phone on the counter hastily and took brisk steps to the confused Muichiro standing blankly in the foyer.

"You're Mr. Tokito, my dogsitter, correct?" He said, holding a hand out for him to shake.

Muichiro stared at the hand for a moment then back at him. He took a deep breath and shook the hand in his presence.

"Mhm, I'm your dogsitt-,"

"Good good, you can call me Genya. Now—I'm in a rush as you can see, so umm, let me just give you a brief introduction of my three dogs here, Mr. Tokito."

Three!?

"Alright but really- you don't need to call me Mr. Tokito. Muichiro is just fine."

Genya nodded hastily and dragged Muichiro over to the room in which he kept his dogs to play in.

There were chews and balls scattered around the interior of the room. Two boxes aligned with sorts and compartments of dog toys covered the walls. The carpet was a colorful puzzle piece of red and blue. To top it all off, the walls were painted a bright shelly yellow that complimented the beamy ceiling light filtering the sky. It was the perfect safe space for any dog.

Without announcement, a pearl white pomeranian found his way around Muichiros leg. Circling around it, he barked at him nonstop. Muichiro awkwardly chuckled and picked up the pomeranian, petting him from his ears down to his tail.

"Well, who is this beauty?" He said smiling as the dog in his arms grew accustomed to him.

"I guess you've already met Sawyer," Genya purred, leaning his arm onto the wall as he towered over an 'awwed' Muichiro. "He's well over 11 and loves long walks. Don't give him any wet Pedigree dog food, he hates that stuff. The one in the pantry is only for Hunter and Axel. I feed Sawyer anything from Blue Buffalo."

Muichiro nodded after every word he said, knowing damn well it'd be forgotten anyways. One thing he did make sure to remind himself about, was to write down a list of the rules so that they wouldn't get lost somewhere in his head.

Just then, a German Shepherd came marching over to the two boys, not much pep in his step as a Dobermann was seen in the back of the room standing his ground but aggressively barking at Muichiro.

"Ahh right—this is Axel, he's a 7 year old German Shepherd. He's not a huge fan of baths, so it'll be hard to get this guy in a tub."

Muichiro nodded and hummed as he continued to pet the pomeranian in his hand. He smiled at Axel and waved, obviously not expecting him to reciprocate the gesture. Instead, the dog turned around and went back to toying with a ball-related chew.

"So!" Muichiro said, looking up at Genya; his eyes smiling but his lips otherwise. "Who's the one in the back?"

"Of course! How could I forget him? He's been barking at you this whole time," Genya declared, sucking on his teeth and lifting himself off the wall to pet the Dobermann at the back of the room. "Well, this is Hunter. He's a 6 year old Dobermann who by far has no problems but the fact that he isn't easily accustomed to the welcoming of strangers."

"Hopefully I can get him to get used to me," Muichiro wished with a sigh, gently dropping Sawyer onto the cushioned carpet and walking over to Genya.

"Well... you can get going now, I've got everything covered!" He confirmed, patting a hand on Genya's back to reassure him.

"You sure?" Genya asked, scratching the back of his neck—a concerned expression occupying his face.

Muichiro nodded in verification, flashing a thumbs up in the air to confirm.

"If that be the case then feel free to snack on the sweet potato pie I just baked. There's also Tempura and egg rolls in the fridge that you could have for dinner. In the meantime, I'll be at work. Call me if you have any problems, ok?"

Muichiro nodded with a smile as Genya tapped the sides of his arms twice, seeing him off. He was now alone in this room, with three dogs, all of which he'd be taking care of for the next upcoming weeks. How lucky, right? Or so he thought.

Word Count: 995