Chapter Seven

Tae wakes up with a subtle soft touch on his hair. He looks at his mother who's now fondly looking at him. Her eyes have sunk, lips are ashened, in a night it looks like she's aged two years more.
"Good Morning, little bean."- She says as she continues to stroke Taehyung's hair.
"Good morning, mom."-Taehyung's voice chokes as he remembers the scene from last night, "how are you feeling?"
"I am feeling fine, baby."-Mrs.kim takes time to answer, "Where's your dad and brother?"
"Hyung just went to check on father. That old man didn't eat anything from last night."- Taehyung says in a complaining tone, which makes Mrs. Kim smile.
"You haven't eaten either, right?"- Mrs. Kim tries to sit up and Taehyung offers help.

"I want something from you. Will you give it to me?"- Mrs. Kim asks, taking her son's hands in her palms.
"What do you want me to do, mom?"- Taehyung asks as he holds onto his mother's hand tightly, like he used to do in his childhood.
"Come back to live with us. Ask Jungkook to move in here."- Mrs. Kim says softly, her facial nerves shrink as she feels pangs of pain in her chest.
"Mother..I.."- Taehyung hesitates. He remembers how he left this home after having a bitter feud with his father. And how he promised to never live here again.
"I know. I know what you are thinking. But..."- Mrs. Kim hesitates to utter the words she's been dreading in her mind, "I think I don't have much time. I..."
"What are you saying, mom? What are you..."-Tae shrieks and Seokjin rushes to the room from downstairs along with their father.
"What happened? Why are you screaming Tae?"-Seokjin asks worriedly.
Mr. Kim goes near his wife, sits beside her and flanks his arm around her.
"I've been diagnosed with stage II leukemia. It's been two months..."- Mrs. Kim says quietly, palming her face.
Mr. Kim's face whitens, his lips tremble and one could spot the corners of his eyes are welling up.
Seokjin crumbles down on the floor. Tae takes few steps backwards and leans on the door, looking outside. The garden his mother created, is blooming with flowers. The world looks colourful and happy. Except these three men inside the room.
When Namjoon enters the room, he finds everyone silent and Seokjin crying. Seokjin tells him the shocking news he just got. Namjoon rubs his husband's back to calm him down. He can't process the news himself.
Taehyung stands up suddenly, takes out his phone and announces, "we will take you to the greatest of medics, mom. No. I will make sure they come here."- He says as he clenches his jaws and dials up his secretary.
"Father.."- Seokjin screams as he rushes to Mr. kim who's about to fall on the floor.
"I am alright. I am fine..."- Mr. Kim holds onto his elder son and stands up.
Namjoon helps him to get to his room. Seokjin hugs his mother and murmurs,"Everything's going to be okay. Right mom?"
His eyes are watery and through his blurred vision he sees his cold younger brother rushing out of the room barefoot, in a disheveled state.
When Yugyeom comes back in the next morning, he finds Jungkook's bedroom door open wide. It surprises him since Jungkook can't fall asleep even if a slight ray of light dares to invade his bedroom.
Yugyeom treads almost silently to Jungkook's bedroom only to find the latter in a disheveled state lying on his back, tear marks all over his face. Yugyeom carefully takes off Jungkook's shoes and places his head on the pillow.
Tucking the warm duvet around Jungkook, he silently closes the door. He clenches his fists infuriated. Jungkook has gone through a lot since his childhood and that dark memory still haunts him every night.
And Taehyung's sudden appearance in Jungkook's life is like an added pressure. Yugyeom is about to go out for buying themselves breakfast when Jungkook's phone rings.
Kim Taehyung's name arises many questions in Yugyeom's mind. He picks up the call.
"I am waiting outside your apartment. Let's get some breakfast together." - Taehyung ventures struggling to hide the storm that's been scavenging his mind.
"Mr. Kim."- Yugyeom says while silently closing the entrance door behind him.
"Where's Jungkook?"- Taehyung's voice turns cold.
"He's sleeping."- Yugyeom replies and hesitates, "Mr. Kim..."
Taehyung stays silent.

"Can I talk to you for a second?"- Yugyeom asks. The hesitation and nervousness in his voice are gone. Yugyeom has already come downstairs and now the two men stand face to face.
"Go on."- Tae says as his jaws tighten.
"Not here." - Yugyeom replies firmly. He's ready to confront anyone who can pose a threat to his bestfriend. Even if it's the man he looks up to the most.
"Speak."-Taehyung says in his cold deep voice as he sits on a bench. Yugyeom doesn't sit rather he stares at the furthest distance vaguely.
"I know about Ggukie's deal with you."- he says quietly. His voice seems serious.
"And?"- Taehyung conceals his irritation under his cold demeanor.
Yugyeom looks at Taehyung, his eyes still and calm, "He's been through a lot. Don't drag him in your dangerous game." He pauses for a minute then continues, "It won't harm you in any ways but my bestfriend will be the one suffering."
"What is it that you're trying to say?"- Taehyung stands up buttoning his coat.
"Stop playing with his emotions. Please, I'm begging you."- Yugyeom says as his voice shakes with the amount of emotions he's trying to suppress.
Taehyung doesn't say anything rather he walks away. His swaying back soon disappears from Yugyeom's sight and he finally plumps down on the bench, dejected.
In the furthest corner of Taehyung's heart, there appears a pull, an ache words can't define. Jungkook brings light in his cold dark world and that world just has gone dark again.

Again.

Taehyung's heart hinges as he remembers Jungkook's face last night. Still, white with fear as tears were rolling down his eyes.
Only if Taehyung could see him one last time, he would kiss his round face with utmost love and embrace him unhesitatingly.
"Goodbye love."- Taehyung murmurs looking at his phone wallpaper where Jungkook is smiling adorably. A picture Taehyung has snuck out last night.

A/n -
Hi there fam! I hope y'all are doing well. I've going through a great difficulty these days. Don't know how will i make everything right. Let's just hope for the best. I love y'all. Take care.

P.s - Follow me on twitter to read the aus I'am writing there. My user handle is @diaphanouskv .

Follow me on wattpad to read more exciting stories. I am not gonna let y'all down. 🌻💙