The bracelet ~ Ch: 3

On her way home Penelope jumped in her seat when the phone pinged. Being the rule breaker she is, which she really isn't, she picked up the phone while driving.

This time it wasn't Malia.

"Your worst nightmare"

The unknown number had responded.

This sparked more anger than fear in her and the phone slipped from her hand hitting the steering wheel and then the car floor.

-Damn it. She hissed.

Trying to pick it up while driving was impossible, she would have to wait till she got home. She stepped on the gas.

After parking the car on the driveway she leaned down and picked up her phone.

She decided to text back, while this unknown person was still active.

"Whoever this is, it's not funny"

She got an immediate response.

"It's not supposed to be, now how about that deal?"

"What deal?"

"I tell you what to do and you do it. Unless you want everyone to find out about your love for free shopping."

Penelope could feel her blood turning to ice. No one could know. She had far too much to lose.

It wouldn't have been a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that some of the things she'd stolen had been valuable, like you get arrested if anyone later on find out you stole it kind of valuable. During that time, the more valuable something were, the greater the risk and the better it had felt to get away with it. But now she had a reputation to uphold, she had worked her way up into circles where everyone used secrets about each other as ammunition to climb the ladder career wise.

"What do you want?" She finally texted back.

No reply..

Suddenly Malia wrote in the group chat.

"Just wanted to say how nice it was to see everyone today, despite the circumstances."

No one answered. Penelope would, she just needed to figure this other thing out first. It was probably some idiot Abbie had told. At that thought the anger once again started to rise within Penelope.

"Okay, listen creep. I don't know where you heard this rumor about me but if you think for one second that you could use this to blackmail me into doing something you're sorely mistaken. Go ahead and try, it's not even true."

That should shut them up.

*PING*

A response came immediately. Damn it she thought without having read it.

She opened the text message.

"Liar liar pants on fire, if it wasn't true how would I know about the bracelet? It's a secret only you and me share, remember?

-A"

What the hell.. This time she was certain, which is what made it so chilling, that the only person who knew about the bracelet was Abigail Winters. Could the theory of Abbie being back even qualify as a possible reality?

Could she, after all this time, be back...?