Chapter Eight

Some chapters will have other POVs (not all the time!)

Pretend the timezones are correct, I'm really lazy, and idc/idk the timezones, just pls don't correct it and pretend it's right.

This is RIGHT AFTER Will goes to sleep in Chapter Six where he sees Hopper.

TW: Hopper talks about horrible things in his life, including failed pregnancies and pregnancy complications. He also talks about Sara and the struggles he had with her, so mentions of C@ncer, M!sc@ rriges, and dy!ng.

March 22nd/23rd

4:59 PM

Somewhere in Russia

"Are you sure this'll work?" Jim asked.

"Of course will work! Done it many times." A Russian prisoner, 'Enzo' said.

"Y-You've gone into Will's dreams... Many times before?" Jim asked, confused.

"No... W-Well yes... To find him for you, of course," He gulps, "But I do this for many years! I done it to other people. I can go into mind, memories, show other people whatever you want." Enzo said, nodding, proud

"My daughter can do that..." Jim sighed, not knowing about El losing her powers.

"What do we want to scare him with?" Enzo asked.

"No... What? No! We're not scaring anybody! We're just gonna warn Will and let him know I'm okay and his mom's coming to save me."

"Oh... I can do that.."

They had tried this with El, but it failed for a reason they don't know of. Due to Will having connections to the Upside Down and being possessed once, they can assume that it will work for him.

Enzo closed his eyes and began to focus. After a minute of silence, Enzo shook his head.

"Kid thinks I'm lying. What now?" Enzo asked, his nose bleeding.

"You said you can show him other people's memories, show him mine! Show the guards kidnapping me! Me being alive!" Jim ordered, hoping Will would believe him.

After a few more minutes Enzo smiled.

"Kid woke up, but I think he believes it," Enzo said.

"Good... Now we wait till we're free." Jim smiled back.

"Tell me more, about your woman, what's she like?" Enzo asked.

"She's not my woman," Jim scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"She agreed to come all the way across world for you, and you think she's not your woman?" Enzo furrows his eyebrows.