Chapter 3: Young And Terribly Misguided

Wuthering Heights
~ Kate Bush

"You had a temper like my jealousy
Too hot, too greedy
How could you leave me
When I needed to possess you?
I hated you, I loved you, too"

"You had a temper like my jealousyToo hot, too greedyHow could you leave meWhen I needed to possess you?I hated you, I loved you, too"

CHAPTER 3: YOUNG AND TERRIBLY MISGUIDED

"Wow." Nadine looked up at the sight of Five's home, tripping over the doorframe as he continued to push her inside. "This is your family's house?" She looked behind her at Five, who tilted his head to the side for a second. "If you can call it a family, yes."

The two walked inside, Five going in fast while Nadine took her time and spun around, staring at the ceiling. "It's bigger on the inside." She muttered to herself. Wren walked in behind her, staring at the two stories. "And I'm haunting the girl who lives in a studio apartment." She spoke to Nadine.

"Nadine, don't stop walking. We have to be fast with everything we do. The future of the world is at stake." Five walked back to the girl and grabbed her shoulder, pushing her towards the stairs. "Can I ask you a question?" She spoke to him as they walked up the stairs. "Shoot." He answered monotonously.

"Well, where did you get that eyeball?" He went to open his mouth and respond when she interrupted. "Follow up question, why's it so important? Go."

Five rolled his eyes and grit his teeth, turning to walk towards his room. "When I was 16, years ago, I got into an argument about time travel with my dad. He told me not to and I persisted and ran away. I ended up in an apocalyptic future. Fire, rubble, that sort of thing. Nobody else was alive. I was there for over 40 years."

They entered his room and she sat on his bed while he walked over to the window. She watched him as he continued his story. "This was in the palm of my brothers dead body's hand. This is the umbrella academy. They tried to save the world and died fighting. I think that whoever this eyeball belongs to is going to be the end of the world."

Nadine nodded, sad for the boy. "I'm sorry you were stuck there for so long. That must've been terrible." Five quirked an eyebrow at her and nodded once slowly. "What?" She questioned.

"Aren't you going to ask me why I look 16?" He put his hands in his pocket and watched her think. "I mean, that seems kind of personal." She closed her eyes and leaned back against his bed. "Even the bed is nice." She whispered.

"Plus, it would be pretty hypocritical of me to question you for being 58 in a 16 year olds body when I'm-" Five interrupted her with a smirk. "When you're 324?"

Nadine smiled and stuck a hand in the air, pointing at him. "Precisely!" Five shook his head and stared out the window, his smile dropping. Nadine was about to fall asleep when someone walked into the room.