The wish

Hanako's POV:

H-how is y/n alive?! That's impossible! Was she living since the 60s? Who knows..."what is it Hanako? Are you alright?" Y/n asked concerned. I snapped out of it and my eyes went back to normal. "H-how are you still alive?! Y/n I-..." I asked her a bunch of questions but she was afraid and she didn't know what I was talking about. Which was very weird. I was bummed when she didn't answer any of my questions.

"I'm sorry. It's just- You look like someone I knew..." I said looking down. "Eh- it's okay but... How did you know my name?" Y/n asked. "Uhh... I'm a ghost! Ghosts are good at guessing names after all!" I lied, scratching the back of my head. "O-oh.." Y/n replied. I looked into her eyes as she looked into mine. I blushed and looked away... After all these year I forgot how pretty she was.

Y/n broke the silence after she asked me a question. "By the way... How come you are a boy? I thought that the legend was rumoured to be a girl Hanako..." "Yea, about that... God told me if I can fulfill this role, that my sin would be... Forgiven." I explained to her. "What sin?" She asked confused. "Uh-" I was too afraid to say anything about what I did. About what my sin was.

So I changed the subject. "What are you here for? I see that you have been able to summon me. So what is your wish? I'll grant anything you desire." I say while putting my hands behind my back. "My wish...is to have a friend again. A close friend. A best friend. You see... About a month ago my friends had dumped me. They said that I was getting boring and I was too quiet, and I didn't make jokes anymore. Please Hanako. Can you grant my wish?" Y/n pleaded.

"Of course I can. Consider your wish granted!" I said smiling. I pulled out a thick book that said, 'How to make a friend'. Y/n looked like this was a joke. But it wasn't. "Are you serious? Don't you have a magic crystal ball or something like that?" Y/n questions. I didn't have a crystal ball or anything like that so instead I lied. "Eh- this is way more advanced than a crystal ball, trust me!" I stated. "So from here on on out. We are gonna rely on this handy dandy book until we find you a best friend." I say.

Y/n just went with it. Silly y/n. We search and find ways to make y/n a friend. She introduced herself here and there but she kept saying the wrong things. You should never say that you accidentally tried to burn a restaurant that's for sure. We tried making gifts for girls and put a tag that asked, 'would you like to be my friend?' But the girls got creeped out by it. We tried almost everything in the book and nothing seemed to work. Y/n and I went back into the bathroom limping because we walked all around the building. Then I felt someone take something out of my pocket. "Hanako... What is this?"

548 words