Chapter One

While people can't wait to go to their temporary deaths, to me it is my safe haven and my own kind of hell at the same time.

A hell that tortures me to no end at my most vulnerable times.

It begins as I open my eyes at a foreign porcelain white ceiling, though I guess its no longer foreign anymore. I can feel the blankets and pillows of silk beneath me, feathers and the finest Egyptian Cotton surrounding me in a cocoon of warmth and a false sense of security.

I see that I'm wearing a white night dress, that seems as though it came out of a 15th century England wardrobe. A silk dress so soft and sheer, it seems that it would tear in a blink of an eye and the slightest breeze of air.

I try to get back to sleep, in a way having an inkling of what's going to happen in my trance-like state. Who said that a person can control their own dreams. That's just plain bullshit. I can't even stop myself from watching this recurring dream that's not even mine.

As I sit up, a searing light shines somewhere in front of me, blinding me momentarily. I try to shield my eyes as best as I could with my arms and hands, till my eyes are able to adjust to it.

As I felt the light subside to a bearable light, I remove my hands and notice that it's coming from a balcony on my right.

As though the light is a beckon to me, to see what treasure it has hidden. To what it is protecting with all its might.

With small footsteps, that start to accelerate as curiosity starts eating up inside of me, I approach the light. Not knowing what to expect, but already knowing it's as vicious as a devil.

The moment I reach the light, I stop abruptly, shocked and in awe at the scene in front of me.
......