nine

9. letting go & giving in

Sarai

It's been a week or so since the craziness that happened at the beach. But I wasn't too worried about it because with everything with work and JJ planning her wedding, I haven't really had time for myself. I hadn't talked to Adonis since he drove me home that night. I didn't know why I should or why I cared enough to think about him.

I have nothing left to say to him except for fuck off or fuck you.

I mean I should be mad at him for the bullshit he's put me through. But for some strange reason I couldn't bring myself to hate him anymore. I was tired of being angry.

Was there something wrong with me?

I was at home doing what I do best: watching tv when there was a knock on my door. I got up from my bed and headed to the front door. I opened the door and there was JJ standing there.

"Great you're not dead." JJ said walking into my place.

"Hi to you too." I said closing the door behind us.

"Don't." JJ said. "Sarai what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing." I shrugged.

JJ raised her eyebrow not believing me. "You sure? Cause the last time you went M.I.A was after the incident. Is this about what happened at the beach? About what happened with Quin? I'll track that bitch down and beat her ass all over again."

"This has nothing to do with Quin. I'm fine, really." I said. "Just tired that's all."

"Ok." JJ said pulling me into a hug. "You know I worry about you sometimes."

"I know you do. Trust me I'm ok." I said.

We pulled away from the hug and JJ and I headed into the kitchen. I went into the fridge and pulled out some leftover Chinese food and heated it up.

"You doing anything tonight?" JJ asked.

I shook my head. "Not that I know of."

"Great. You're coming over to out place." JJ said.

"For what?" I questioned.

JJ looked at me and scoffed. "Because I said so. Plus you need to have fun cause you look like shit."

I chuckled. "Thanks."

"Anytime." JJ smiled.

I exhaled heavily. "Is he gonna be there?"

"Who? Adonis?" JJ asked.

I nodded.

"Yea." JJ said.

I rolled my eyes. "Great."

"You still haven't talked to him?" JJ asked.

"No because I have nothing to say to him. What am I suppose to say to him JJ? Did you forget I hate him?" I said.

"I didn't forget, but maybe it's time you forgive and forget." JJ said.

"What the fuck? That's the stupidest shit I've heard." I said.

"Look all I'm saying is that maybe the reason you hate him is because you really like him." JJ said.

My stomach turned when she said the word like.

"I don't like him." I denied.

"You sure? Because I know he likes you." JJ said.

"How do you know that?" I asked annoyed.