Prologue

Kageyama shifted his weight, turning to look to his left and over the shoulder of the woman who was hanging onto his arm. She was borderline wasted, which meant Kageyama needed to ditch her quickly before she began to drag him down. Problem was, he couldn't just leave her; he knew some heavy shit was about to go down and in her current state, there was no way in hell she was going to make it out of it alive. So with a heavy sigh, Kageyama wrapped his arm around the brunette's waist to hold her weight up easier, his eyes still watching the figure that had his own hands wrapped around a pretty red head's waist by the ballroom's entrance. The man was scruffy looking, his facial hair in full force and with no attempt at keeping it neat. He was thicker in the arms and shoulders than anything else, making his chest look smaller in comparison.

Kageyama snickered: if you were gonna work out, you need to work out everything. Otherwise, it was easy to find your weak points.

"Alright, I'm in position! Target locked and loaded from the building to the far left of the hall, and dear god, Daichi-san, are you really letting this guy touch him? He's so hairy and—"

"Phase one complete, prepare for step two." Sawamura Daichi's voice cut through the other's over the earpieces, silencing his soft complaining. Daichi was the unit's leader and oldest member, also holding the position as wisest fart around (much to Sugawara's amusement). He was a relatively quiet leader during missions, choosing to rather watch and observe with the few bits of leadership commands necessary as everything went down. He liked letting his members have the freedom they needed to get their jobs done, in whatever way best fit for them—as long as it was reasonable and wouldn't get them hurt, of course.

"Geez, ignore me, why don't ya?" Yamaguchi whined from atop a rooftop of a building across the road and one over. Stomach splayed across the cement floor underneath him, he steadied his hands around the sniper riffle in his grip and zeroed in on the same man Kageyama was watching inside the building. Despite being the youngest member, Yamaguchi held his position as sniper without fail. He almost never missed a shot (although he did get distracted a lot) and it kept his seniors feeling better about the fact that he was never really in any real danger—he was always a building or so away from any real fighting.

"He's right though, Daichi-san." Tsukishima's voice rang in Kageyama's ear and he grimaced at the stupid comment he knew was coming from the older. He was never in any real danger either, as long as no one noticed that he was always hacking their systems and stealing secrets from them. Tsukishima remained hidden and anonymous, tucked away in the shadows on his laptop as he watched his members out on the field. It was rare that they ever needed to send him in on a mission, although it did happen occasionally. "That man's a piece of work and he's got his hands all over Sugawara-san."

"Focus." Daichi ordered and everyone settled back into mission mode, the single word snapping them back on target. Shifting again, Kageyama watched the red head giggle and run her hands down the brutish man's chest. She leaned over to whisper something in his ear, and it was hard to miss the rough grunt that was unintentionally passed over the radio from the man's unknowing proximity to the earpiece the red head was wearing.

"Suga-san, don't lean forward. You're messing up my line of shot." Yamaguchi mumbled, his voice trailing as he focused on redirecting his gun to not point at one of his own. Kageyama watched as the red head continued to smile, but shifted back as told. The man seemed to be having none of it though, and instead slid his hands down her back and onto her ass. The red head's facial expression didn't change, but Kageyama saw a sharp jerk of movement to his right that sent a rush of panic through him.

"Tanaka, I see you, don't you dare." Tsukishima warned from over the radio, his eyes locked on Tanaka's tense figure on his computer screen.

"Tanaka, you will not move until I give the go and even then you are to take out the subordinates, not the target. Do you understand?" Daichi demanded, his tone leaving no room for argument. Kageyama relaxed as he heard the soft grumble of,