Chapter 1

"Damn, Tsukishima. I didn't know you cared so much about me." Kageyama smirked in Tsukishima's direction. They had just gotten through the mission debriefing, Ukai up on the overhead projector screen having finished listening to each of them tell him the important parts they played. There was always emphasis on the important part when Ukai would ask for debriefing, but somehow he always ended up hearing about every little detail one way or another. Weren't hitmen supposed to be quiet and secretive? Were Ukai's members defective?

Ukai sighed as his team started into another tangent that really wasn't necessary for him to know. They're lucky they're actually good at their jobs.

"Kageyama!" Nishinoya mimicked, jumping to his feet and dramatically clutching the front of his shirt. "King, no!"

Tanaka practically fell out of chair, he was laughing so hard. He copied Noya and shot to his feet, this time pointing a finger in Kageyama's direction.

"Don't hurt our dear King!" The two fell onto each other laughing, clutching hands at their sides and onto each other. Sugawara stifled a laugh under a cough as Kageyama outright laughed, not because the two were funny, but because laughing meant making fun of Tsukishima. It wasn't every day they had such good material to hang over his head.

Yamauchi sent worried eyes in Tsukishima's direction from where he sat next to him. He knew Tsukki wasn't one to show emotion and prided himself at staying monotonous to others, so he was not going to be happy about not only showing some emotion for others but also having it thrown back in his face. Tsukishima scoffed, crossing his long arms over his chest and rolling his eyes.

"I didn't even say all of that." He said, his face shifting in anger. He glared at Noya and Tanaka, who had yet to stop laughing. "Next time something happens, I'm leaving all three of you for dead."

Asahi put a hand on Tsukishima's shoulder from where he was sitting next to him at the table, glancing warily from Tsukishima, to the two loud mouths, to Ukai on the screen. The commander looked a mix between irritated and bored, choosing not to say anything and instead just drinking his coffee. Asahi then looked in Daichi's direction where he sat at the head of the table and he cringed.

"Now now, it's okay to worry about each other. Don't let them bother--"

Asahi was cut off by Yamaguchi, who while being okay with Tsukishima's sentiment, noticed a flaw in his words.

"Tsukki, I was the one who saved him! You can't leave them for dead if I'm the one who pulled the trigger." Yamaguchi pondered aloud, his face mirroring his thoughtfulness as he glanced around. As if realizing what he said might have put Tsukishima in more of a rough spot, he balked, hurriedly looking back in Tsukishima's direction. His best friend went pink on his cheeks and Yamaguchi knew he was in for it now just as much as the other three idiots were. Oopsie.

Before anyone else could chime in, Daichi slammed his hands on the table and silenced the lot of them. While he was relatively quiet and stoic during their missions, anytime else he was basically an angry babysitter.

"Stop arguing already and listen to Commander Ukai. Why can't we get through a single debriefing without all of you fighting?"
Tanaka and Nishinoya immediately sank back down into their chairs, laughter clamped in and hands to themselves. Kageyama stifled his own laughter and Tsukishima killed whatever retort he was in the process of blurting. While they all knew Daichi would never actually hurt them, that didn't mean he wasn't absolutely terrifying. Everyone present in the meeting room besides Sugawara watched him fearfully, afraid to move and make him angrier. They watched, horrified, as Suga laughed and placed a comforting hand on Daichi's arm.

"Okay, they've calmed down. Your turn, dear leader." They all watched, mesmerized, as Daichi did as he was told and sank back down into his chair.

Nobody but Suga would even dare to try and do what he just did, let alone get Daichi to listen to them and not just tackle them to the floor.
Daichi sighed for the millionth time already that dare and looked back over at Ukai's computerized face.