二 two

[natsuki]

[natsuki]

──────────────

xxx-xxx-xxxx

hey is this natsuki?

kenma?

mhm

wanna play later?

i could teach you some new characters

a voice suddenly interrupts her right as she's typing in her response, 

"suki~! get off your phone and come watch my amazing serve!"

"coming, tanaka!" suddenly forgetting about the nekoma setter. she leaves her phone on her seat and gets up. 

"suki suki, if you can return my serve, i'll buy you a life time worth of dango." tanaka's eyes shined bright with a new found determination. "but if you lose, i'll treat you to ramen after every practice!" no matter if he won or lost, he was prepared. prepared to make his manager smile.

"but if you're treating me either way, what do you get out of it?" she questions, question marks suddenly popping up behind her.

"i get to see my natsuki smile of course! that's the best reward."

"your natsuki?" tsukishima deadpans, "when did she become your natsuki?"

"be quiet, tsukishima."

agreeing to tanaka's challenge, she stands on the opposite side of the net, prepared to hit the ball back. she always gave 200% on challenges including food. focusing hard to get your dango, you didn't notice the way he stared at you in a look of adoration. he hoped she'd forget about the stupid challenge and run into his arms instead.

this is a secret tanaka's kept hidden since the first day they met. from the first moment she smiled at him, laughed with him, and comforted him after a loss, he knew he wanted to be hers. the way her eyes would light up every time she beat him and would run around doing a tiny victory dance never failed to melt his heart. oh how he wanted to wake up next to her for the rest of his life.   

he was abruptly snapped out of his daydream when nishinoya slapped the top of his head. snapping his head towards him, he scowled and started to prepare a lengthy speech on why nishinoya shouldn't disrupt his thinking when an angelic voice coming from across the gym interrupted his train of thought.

"hurry up and hit the ball over here!" suki yelled, "or are you scared i'll hit it back?"

no one was surprised you were able to return the ball. tanaka was so distracted by you that he missed the ball and had to restart a grand total of 5 times. why would he want to beat you when he could see you smile instead? 

"let's get dango after practice!" she yelled out before running back to her phone.

"don't go on a date with our manager without me!!" noya cried out, "you're trying to steal her away from me!"

──────────────

[kenma]

he looks back at his phone and his eyes widen in surprise, has the girl he met yesterday been typing for an hour? about to put down his phone, his arm stops when a notification pops up. a notification from her.

natsuki (shoyos manager)

yea let's play later

do you think you could teach me vampira ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა

yea yea ofc

kuroo snatches kenma's phone away before he could type out another sentence and gasps. he starts gathering everyone up in a circle while kenma is trying to reach for his phone. 

"i have big news everyone..," he says in a loud voice, "kenma is talking to a girl!!" everyone stares at him in shock and disbelief. a GIRL?

"it's not that surprising.." kenma rolls his eyes, "now give me back my phone, shithead."

 ──────────────

a/n

i have an ear infection.