Prologue

Legend has it that there is a monster that has peach skin and pointy ears. Its eyes are all black and it has fangs so long that he can't close his mouth without them sticking over. His nose is very long. This monster has short feet and hands. It also has hair that goes straight up that he uses as a lasso to wrap around any girl that spotted him between the ages of 6 and 18. You see, the Gobd legend dates back to the 15th century. When a bunch of soldiers were camping during the Ottoman War, one of them came up with the legend to scare his friends. When the soldiers returned home, they told their families about the legend. The story spread across most of Europe through generations and generations of telling the same legend. The story spread to a town called Everdream.

1862

Elizabeth was reading under a colossal willow tree at Everdream Girls Boarding School when she heard a strange noise. She looked up from her book and saw a peculiar figure. She got a huge fright and ran to her dorm with her book in her hand. When she arrived back at her dorm, she told all her friends about this strange creature and they thought she was going insane. Her friends told the teachers and after a long conversation, the teachers agreed she should be taken to a madhouse.

The next morning, they awoke Elizabeth and told her to get dressed and wait outside. Of course, she did as she was told for she didn't want to be punished. After a while of waiting, she saw the headmistress appear carrying her luggage. Of course, Elizabeth was confused but she didn't ask any questions. Soon, a carriage arrived. Elizabeth looked up to the headmistress in desperate need of answers.

When the carriage had stopped, the headmistress went over to talk to the coachman. They had a very quiet conversation and all that Elizabeth could hear was that the headmistress was worried. Eventually, the headmistress came back and gave Elizabeth her luggage. "You need to pack. First thing tomorrow morning you'll be off to France." said the headmistress with not even a little empathy in her voice. The only reason for anybody from Everdream to go to France was to go to an Asylum. Elizabeth's vision went blurry and her throat became dry. Her friends thought she was crazy. Her teachers thought she was insane. Her heart started pounding out of her chest. She was going to France. Not on vacation, but because the whole school thinks she has gone bonkers!

That night Elizabeth cried herself to sleep. But, during the night she woke up and saw the same strange figure. Maybe she was going bananas? She felt a tight squeeze around her and started struggling to breathe. She cried for help but nobody heard her.

The next morning, the headmistress went to Elizabeth's dorm to take her to the carriage but she wasn't in bed. All that was left was a piece of brown hair. Elizabeth had red hair.