《06》

Natalya's eyes widened as she noticed snowflakes outside of her window.

"What is Ramiel doing here?!"

That only meant one thing..

~*The Remarried Empress*~

"How was the search for Rashta's lady-in-waiting?"

Emperor Sovieshu asked, with an apathetic look on his face.

Navier looked at him with an apathetic look on her flawless features.

"I heard that none have been willing to be Rashta's lady-in-waiting.." He stated, looking straight into her emerald eyes.

"So tell me.."

"Did you spread false rumors about her??"

Navier's eyes slightly widened as she looked at him in disbelief.

She shook her head, looking back at him with stern eyes.

"How could I when I barely know anything about her.." Navier retorted earnestly.

"Well, some people tend to spread lies without knowing of the person.." Sovieshu pressed further, stubbornly ignoring her reasoning.

"Some people accuse others of something they did not do.." Navier said, looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Are you saying that I am accusing you?!"

"What are you doing then?"

"I am getting sick of this attitude, Navier! How much have you changed?!"

"How much have I changed? How much have you?"

"..."

Sovieshu sighed as he walked out of the room, leaving Navier stressed.

Meanwhile..

Natalya looked at her letters in exasperation.

Nonsense, nonsense, and more nonsense..

Ugh. Those pesky nobles keep pestering her nonstop.

Especially since she was currently crown princess and second-in-line to the throne.

As much as she wanted to raise her middle finger at their faces, it wasn't ladylike at all and it also would upset her family. She couldn't just drag her family down just because of marriage proposals.

As their family motto says;
"A Lyubov is an embodiment of superiority, therefore a Lyubov must carry their name with utmost dignity.."

The golden bird nestled into the princess' balcony, looking curiously at her as she carefully reads the paperwork.

Chirp! Chirp!

Natalya perks up at the soft chirps of the messenger bird. Her tender sapphire eyes trailed from the desk to the magnificent bird perched upon her balcony, looking expectantly at her.

"Oh? You've come back!" She exclaimed, as the bird flies towards her, nestling on her shoulder, as if trying to comfort her.

"Coo~! Coo~!" It cooes as she scratches it's neck, making it seemingly more than satisfied of her gesture.

Natalya's smile widens as she saw a parchment of paper tied to one of it's feet. She carefully removed it and unfolded it.

Her eyes soften as she read his reply.