𝗼𝗻𝗲

There was a silent, almost contemplative state that drifted over Diavolo. He stood stock still, neutral gaze staring blankly ahead.

Even so, a mirage of thoughts flashed through his mind. 

The Labyrinth left from the beginning of his lineage was an enigma shrouded in mystery. With ancient records displaced and destroyed, Diavolo found exploring the shadowed tunnels of the caves an interesting pastime.

Even so... this was a surprise.

It was a box. A beautiful, intricate golden box that seemed brand new and smelt faintly of lavender. It was placed on a small stone platform, hidden inside a small sub-tunnel he'd accidentally veered into. Of course, it was the most well-protected artifact he had come across in a long time. It was surrounded by intricately laid traps and illusions he'd seen in a long time. And once you got through those, the layers upon layers of protective charms were more than enough to deter any lesser demon. In fact, the box was so well protected that Diavolo nearly did the right thing; leave it alone. But his burning curiosity had gotten the better of him.

And now, he sat on his velvet plush sofa with the box in his hands. He'd dismissed Barbatos, of course. This was his problem, and his alone. It had taken him a solid 5 hours to remove the 13 layers of protective charms from the box. But now that he'd done it, he didn't know whether or not taking the box was the right choice.

Diavolo blinked, eyes coming back into focus. After staring at the thing for another minute, he shrugged to himself. He had already come this far; might as well see it through to the end.

The small metal clasp unlatched itself with little fanfare.

Sitting snugly inside the box was a pen. An intricately crafted fountain pen with a black body and silver nib. Though the design was simple, Diavolo felt the pen had an inexplicable charm to it. 

Strangely, neither the box nor its contents showed any signs of wear or decay. There was no way anyone, at a glance, could tell that the box had been kept in an underground labyrinth for a few millennia.

After taking the time to absorb the sight, Diavolo reached for the paper, gently unfolding it to see the words written inside. As he read, he made a mental note to himself that the penmanship was somewhat childish.

Congratulations on your union, Diabolus. This is a gift from me to you, in hopes that you will live a long and harmonious life with your wife at your side.

Yours truly, Y/N

Diavolo folded the paper along its original creases, tucking it back into the crease. He leaned back against the leather, slender fingers clasped before him as his brow creased in thought.

(눈눈)

kms i can't believe i'm doing this

erm i edited a bit if you could tell