𝟐𝟓| 𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢

ANTHEA

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

I stand in my lavish kitchen, chopping vegetables skillfully as I prepare dinner for my family - or rather, my mafia empire.

As I stir the simmering pot of homemade marinara sauce, I can't help but reflect on how far I have come.

I reach for a bottle of red wine and pour myself a glass, taking a sip as I continue to cook. Cooking has always been a way for me to relax and unwind, a rare moment of peace and tranquility in my otherwise chaotic life. And cooking for my men, my family, is a way for me to show my love and appreciation for all they do.

As I add the last touches to the dish, the door to the kitchen opens and my second in command, Marco, enters. He takes a deep breath, inhaling the delicious aroma of the meal I'm preparing.

"Something smells good, boss," he says with a smirk.

I can't help but smile at his use of my nickname. In this world, respect is earned and titles are given, and being addressed as 'boss' is a sign of loyalty and trust.

"Care for a taste, Marco?" I ask, gesturing towards the pot.

Marco eagerly nods and I grab a spoon, scooping out a spoonful of sauce and offering it to him. He closes his eyes as he tastes it, savoring the flavors.

"This is amazing," he says, opening his eyes and giving me a nod of approval.

I can't help but puff up with pride. There is nothing better than receiving praise from my men, especially when it comes to my cooking. It's a reminder that I am more than just a leader to them - I am their family.

Dinner is soon ready and I call for my men to gather in the dining room. As we sit around the table, enjoying the delicious meal, we talk about business, upcoming deals, and share stories from our personal lives. I may be tough and ruthless when it comes to my business, but with my men, I am able to let my guard down and be myself.

Maybe.

As we finish dinner, my men start to clear the table and clean up. I watch them with a smile, grateful for their unwavering loyalty and dedication. I will do anything to protect them.

As I stand alone in the kitchen, washing dishes and cleaning up, I can't help but reflect on how different my life would have been if I hadn't taken on the role of a mafia leader. But I have no regrets. This is who I am, and I am proud of the empire.

Anthea, the feared boss, and a damn good cook.

And I might be drunk.

■□■□■□■□■□■

I stumbled out of the club, giggling uncontrollably as my friends tried to steady me. I had definitely had a few too many drinks tonight, but that was nothing new for me.

I pulled out my phone, the bright lights of the city blurring my vision as I scrolled through my contacts. My driver,picked up on the second ring.

"Boss, are you okay?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

I laughed, my words slurring together. "Of course, I'm fine. Just had a few too many shots."

"Where are you? I'll come pick you up," the driver said, his tone strict and commanding.

"I'm at the club on 6th and Main. Can you drive me to old factory?" I asked, swaying slightly as I tried to focus on the street signs.

There was a pause on the other end of the line before Nico sighed. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

I rolled my eyes, my alcohol-fueled confidence giving me the courage to speak my mind. "Yes."

There was another pause before he finally relented. "Fine, I'll be there in ten minutes."

I giggled and hung up, leaning against the wall of the club as I waited for the driver to arrive. I couldn't wait to see Luciano, my handsome and dangerous boyfriend. He may be a rival mafia leader, but I didn't care. We had a forbidden love that only added to the thrill of it all.

But he doesn't know that I am too, upsss I didn't want to spoil it.

As the driver pulled up in front of the club, I stumbled towards the car and climbed in, barely able to contain my excitement. The drive to Luciano's compound was a blur, my mind filled with thoughts of him and our passionate encounters.

As we arrived, the driver Nico gave me a stern warning before I stumbled out of the car and into the grand entrance of the compound. I confidently made my way towards Luciano's room, not caring who saw me or what consequences may come.

I knocked on his door, trying to contain my laughter as I waited for him to answer. But the world was spinning and I leaned heavily against the wall for support. My head was pounding and my vision was hazy.

When the door finally swung open, my heart skipped a beat at the sight of Luciano standing there, looking as sexy as ever.

"Anthea, what are you doing here?" he asked, a mixture of surprise and concern in his voice.

He was just Luci. My love, my partner in crime, my everything.

"I'm here to see my sexy boyfriend," I slurred, trying to give him a seductive gaze. But my alcohol-fueled attempt failed miserably as I started giggling again.

Luci chuckled and shook his head. "You're drunk, love," he said, sitting down next to me on the bed.

"I am not," I protested, trying to sit up straight. But my body had a mind of its own and I ended up falling back onto the bed.

Luci sighed and shook his head again, but there was a fondness in his eyes. He knew how much I loved to let loose and have a good time. He was always the one to keep me in check.

"You know, Luci, I never thought I would fall in love with a mafia leader," I said, suddenly feeling sentimental.

"And I never thought I would fall in love with a crazy, wild girl like you," he replied with a smile.

We sat in silence for a moment, just looking into each other's eyes.

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I missed you, Luciano." He chuckled.