Chapter 28: *Belle*

I woke up at about nine, instantly waking Jake up with me since I connected to him again last night. It felt so natural to do when I was that worked up. He had helped me out a lot last night making me relax and forget even if it was just for a little while, but connecting with him was something else entirely. It instantly brought an intense calm to my mind and actually allowed me to sleep incredibly well even when I was horrified as to what today would bring.

Jake pulled me in for a long lingering kiss and I wanted nothing more than to stay there with him all day. He pulled back from me slightly and I instantly went back for more. This man was like a drug that I never wanted to get out of my system. This time I let him pull back pressing my forehead against his and he smiled at me. "Good morning beautiful," he whispered to me and I smiled at him. 

"Good morning," I couldn't help myself I kissed him once more before climbing off the bed and going to the bathroom. Checking the time it was already ten so I just got dressed for the game and Jake did too. 

We walked out to the dining room where the other two were waiting and thankfully Izzy had made some cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We didn't talk, all of us were on edge and trying to mentally prepare for what we were walking into today. 

When we were finished eating it was time for us to head down so we opened the door to see the guards waiting on us. Jake led the way with me following directly behind him holding his hand while Izzy and Ryder stayed back behind both of us. If we were going to make Jake out to be the captain then we all needed to actively show it even when we thought no one was watching. We hit the main floor and got out but the guards told us to follow them out to the SUVs apparently they were doing the briefing at the facility once more.

We followed them out the door and got into one of the SUVs shutting the door behind us and it took off. This was a much longer drive, at least a half hour to forty-five minutes before we pulled up to what looked like a huge abandoned hospital. 

There were two other SUVs parked here when we pulled up right on time and got out. The headmaster was standing at the entrance of the hospital as he watched us all get out. I looked over the other two teams one was Jasper and Kaden and the other was another pair of male royals. This isn't going to be good, not only will we be up against the people already in there but both other teams here would be more than happy to take us out as well. I caught Jake's eye for just a moment but I was able to see his look and I could tell he was thinking the same thing.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, now that we are all in attendance let's go inside." The Headmaster opened the lobby door letting us inside and immediately the stench overwhelmed my senses. I tried hard not to show it but looking back at the other two teams it didn't matter too much. I almost wanted to laugh as Jasper looked like he was going to be sick. "This is our resident Asylum, each team will be started at a different area in the building. The goal is to survive for one hour or find the key to the door you came through. Each key is marked with one of your team member's name's, but getting them will require a sacrifice. If you receive the key and unlock your door before time runs out you will automatically win and the other two keys will be destroyed. When this happens the other teams will be forced to endure a punishment for the remaining time and that punishment will be decided by the patients of this hospital that are in the room with you. Anything goes in this race against time. As always there is a chance for all three teams to walk out, but that depends on how generous our men in there are feeling today. To get out of this game you will have to make sacrifices. There is no getting out without shedding blood. You will each be fitted with a bracelet and if at any point if you decide to take the easy way out or if you go against the rules you will be executed by a deadly substance. The steaks are high, but the winning team gets a huge advantage for the next game so as always good luck." I stared blankly at the Headmaster as he smiled and I was terrified, this would not be easy.