It must be love - EddTilda

EDD

I was just sat by her, lazing around on the grass outside. The glittering sun cast golden streaks onto her hair, and oh my god, did she look pretty. She was just so perfect. Everything she did never failed to make me happy. She just had a heart of gold, and I wanted to claim it as my own.

It came as a shock to me when I'd first realised I'd fallen head first for her. There's not much you can do when you know you're in love with someone. The only things you can do is tell them and risk rejection, or keep it bottled up to save yourself that pain. I was more of a bottler. I really couldn't take that risk, especially if it could lead to me losing someone who I so deeply care about. I've thought about telling her multiple times before, but I just couldn't.

MATILDA

I was gazing up at the sky, watching the birds fly around. A slight breeze floated around, making trees sway. It was a very calm day, a one that I could enjoy with one of my best friends. I really liked the times where I could just hang out and talk to Edd. It was nice. I sat up and shuffled closer to him, noticing he was being unusually quiet.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him.
"Mhm! Sorry I was quiet. I zoned out for a bit." He responded with a sheepish chuckle. I smiled at him before turning my focus back to the sky.

He cracked a few jokes from time to time, but was mainly quiet once again. I figured it was one of those days. A type of day where you'd rather be quiet and chilled out than loud and excited.

A bit about me is that I mostly feel like I'm not built for romantic love. I don't know where I belong and tend to just stick to loving my friends platonically. It's better that way in my eyes. Now, I did have a few crushes growing up, but they were usually just your typical playground crushes. The types of crushes that don't stick around, and are just for you to gush about to your friends. I can't remember a time where I was in love love. Well, with real people anyways.

But Edd was another story. He was a real person. And as I sat there beside him in that moment, I knew I belonged. And I knew it was with him.