꒰ tom's diner ꒱ - momo

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "there's a woman on the outside lookin' inside, does she see me? no, she does not really see me, 'cause she sees her own reflection."

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 tom's diner ⸝⸝ hirai momo

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃song of the day : tom's diner ⸝⸝ by suzanne vega

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 this chapter is the sequel of "pied piper".

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 note : this chapter is super special to me, since this is my favorite song. this song, originally written 1981, speaks of the strange feeling of alienism and solitude. it's about the strange feeling of watching others in their own separate lives, but you're empty inside. i love this chapter so much, and i hope you do, too. i would recommend to listen to the acapella (original version) version of the song as you read this chapter. i am so proud of this one hehe !! Let me know if you liked it or not, or if I should make a new part !! see you soon <3
ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ

Two days passed. Eighty-seven missed calls from me. I've studied the letter, tried to find clues on why she can't stay. Still, it's no use, whatsoever. I wasn't going to school in a while, that's for sure.

I'm insane, I know, but she knew I was going to follow her. Momo didn't want to be found, but she had an expectation of such; she said so in the letter. She knows me too well, and I was going to find her. However, this time, I wasn't going to let her predict my movements.

Even so, she couldn't just leave me like this. I'm not just some kind of fucktoy you can sleep with, and then forget. I'm L/N Y/N, and I love this girl; maybe she doesn't feel the same way, but I can't wait a year for her to magically appear and then leave. I won't wait for her this time; she's going to have to answer my doubts inevitably.

"Tom's Diner... Tom's Diner," I repeat as I try to recall why it's so familiar. Until then, I remembered. "Suzanne Vega," I remembered. "My favorite song in high school."

But, what does my favorite song have to do with Momo leaving? I've listened to the song thousands of times these past two days, plus the times I've listened to it before. I suddenly got a flashback to Momo's words when we were in high school.

𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

"Do you see this?" Momo asked, pointing to a post card. We were sitting in the school's garden, hiding together.

"Mhm," I nodded as I scooted closer.

"Could you tell me what this is?" Momo asked, wanting me to answer for her, although she knew the answer.

"That's the cathedral in New York," I answered. "I mean, it's pretty obvious."

"That's right," Momo answered. "I'm going to disappear one day, Y/N," she said, "and you're going to find me."

I looked at her as the sun shone brightly on her fair skin. "Please don't say that. You know I wouldn't be able to live without you."

She scoffed and ran her hand over my then-long hair.

"You will, and you will find me, I promise," Momo continued, now looking at the sky. "If you ever wonder where I am, listen to the bells of the cathedral, and think of my voice. Once you do, you'll realize that I was always there, and we will meet again."