Chapter 12

When both of them arrived infront of Julius' office, they heard Marx giving Julius as scolding as he keeps on ditching his work and going around disguised as an old woman. Yami and Charlotte instinctively looked at each other, Charlotte nodded, signing Yami to open the door.

"Mushroom head sure is going all out" Yami mumbled and sighed before he opened the door.

Charlotte on the other hand giggled as she heard Yami's words. When they entered, they saw Marx standing infront of Julius while the wizard king is sitting on his seat.

Julius looked at the two and thanked them with his eyes. He was just saved from Marx non-stop nagging. The two just nodded as they understood what the wizard king meant.

"O-ohh you're here" Marx awkwardly said as he noticed the two captain's presence,

"Yes, we're summoned"

Both Charlotte and Yami stood infront of Julius' desk, waiting for what he has to say.

"What would you like to hear first? The good or the bad news?" Julius said as if it's all just part of a child's game.

"The good/good news" Yami and Charlotte said in unison.

"Here's the thing, we found a set of earrings and necklace. The earrings changes your hair and eye color while the necklace makes people you've interacted with, forget you. They won't totally forget about you but the necklace will blur you from their memory. Great right?"

"And to think that a 14 year old child actually made those! Isn't he a genius? Taking him in would be great! He'll-"

"Wizard King!" Marx interrupted as he wouldn't want his master to take another kid in just like when he took Yami and William in his care.

"Why? He would be a great help to the magic knights. Besides, he is the 4th son, he wouldn't be obligated to take his father's title."

"Don't just decide without the child and the parent's permission!"

"Ehh~ what's wrong? He's the 4th son so he's not obligated to inherit his father's title."

"Even so! You should at least consider what they have to say. And when did it become the duty of the wizard king to take a child from their parents?"

"You're no fun"

Charlotte faked a cough to get Julius' attention. "Oh sorry! Where was I?"

"The earrings and and necklace" Yami reminded.

"Ahh that's right! Both of these accessories only works if you poured your mana in it. Your mana would enable the accessories to work and at the same time recognize you. Meaning, unless it's you, it won't work on anyone else" Julius explained.

"Here" he handed the earrings to Charlotte and necklace to Yami.

Charlotte bit her lips while fear is seen in her eyes. Her hands are trembling, she's scared that her magic won't work again.

Yami looked at Charlotte's face as he noticed her hands trembling. Although he doesn't have any idea of why she's acting like this since the incident where they were followed, he still held Charlotte arms as his way of consoling.

Charlotte looked at him fear is still evident on her face. Yami looked back as if he's assuring him that everything would be okay.

"Should we pour our mana right now? Can't we ask what the other matter is?"

"What's the difference? You're still gonna pour your mana either way" Julius answered.

"Yeah, so I'm gonna do it later, after this."

"Yes, that's fine"

"How 'bout you?" Yami asked Charlotte although he already knows what she'll answer.

"I'm just gonna do it later" Charlotte answered nervously. She sighed as it was a breath of relief.

"Off to the bad news, do you remember the two people you captured?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! I'm back! Lol I've literally ghosted you for 2 months? I have no excuse tbh, what I wrote back when I was in my hometown didn't got saved and I also forgot almost all of the details and my inspiration to write flock. I didn't know how to start. Anyways, I wrote a chapter 'cause school's about to start and I'll have a problem with my sched if I don't continue this. Lastly! This story reached over 600 reads while I was gone! Like? Mygosh Thank you!!!!