I Find a Random Goat Boy who Talks

"Um, ex-cuse you, but you're, like, in my way." A high-pitched voice announced. I groaned softly, shaking my head. Heila Bradshaw. AKA, THE biggest brat on the planet. 

"Um, ex-cuse you, but I, like, sit here every day." I drawled, mocking her weird accent. Who, like, talks like that, like, anymore?

"Listen, little girl, I want that seat, so why don't you mosey on over down to the losers' table where you belong!" Heila hissed venomously, dropping all pretense of sweetness. I snorted. Like I'd move for her. The only reason why she even wanted to sit where I was sitting was because Jeren was sitting was sitting at that table too. Jeren James, my best and only friend, was on the school's basketball team and (by Heila's standard's anyway) considered on of the best-looking (or if you want to put it bluntly, hottest) boys in our school. I've never quite seen him that way though. Other girls have, and I've been fending off people like Heila ever since I'd become friends with Jer back in seventh grade. It's tenth grade now. Feel my pain, people!

"Sorry, Heila, that's a big, emphatic NO." I muttered, straight in her face, making sure my spit landed there. I could hear Jeren muffling a chuckle. Gee, thanks for helping, Jer! I shot him a look and got up smugly. His sparkly hazel eyes widen and he started mouthing, "No! Do NOT leave me alone with her. No!" 

"Oh, sorry, Heila, hon bun. I'll just leave you alone with Jeren now." I said, my voice dripping sweet, fake honey.

Picture of Linnea on the side... I got it from movie web. Thanks!

"Oh, fi-na-lly!" Heila sighed, walking over. I strolled to the "losers' table", ignoring her and Jer's pathetic looks.

Before my brain could process what was happening, Heila's foot stuck out and I tripped right over her spiky heels. My food went flying all over me. I could hear everyone laughing, see them pointing and whispering. But my mind was only focused on one shrill giggle. Heila. I rose, trembling with fury. When I spoke, it didn't even sound like me. I felt possesed by the anger. (You know, thinking back, this should have been a warning sign, but no, I had to ignore it.) With the sound of oceans resounding around me, I screamed, "Heila Bradshaw, you are going to freaking pay for that!" At the sound of my inhuman voice, every liquid (juice, coke, water, spit and all) in the room flew towards Heila, drenching her everywhere. I gaped, my anger vanishing. Her eyeballs bugged with shock. I backed out of the cafeteria, everyone's eyes on me. I fled, but slammed with thunk against someone's chest. I looked up. Oh great. It was that weird tall beard kid who always wore a beanie. What was his name? Gregory? Gorey? Grovie? Grover! That's it!

"What do you want, Grover?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes. 

Instead from laughing at my predicament, he instead said, "I know what's happening to you." Then, without a word, he snatched my hand and started to run towards the door of our school. I had no choice but to follow him. 

"Ugh, I hate this disguise." muttered Grover. Then, without warning (and still running), he stripped off his beanie and his shoes. I almost fainted, and would've if I wasn't being dragged along by him.

He had hooves instead of feet.

He had horns instead of, well, no horns.

I was quite certain that Grover was a goat man, a satyr.

And if he was a supposedly mythical Greek creature, and he "knew who I was", then, what would I be?

Hey! This is my attempt at the Percy Jackson world, is it working out so far? Leave comments and vote (if you like it) please! :) xoxo