Chapter 4:Uzi's Affection Lesson

(Cover art is not mine it was made by benrah the artist demon, go check them out over on pintrest)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The Corpse Spire-Midnight)

"How was your hunt?"

Those words stuck in N and J's heads......they couldn't let QXL find out about what happened to V, but they were too slow and QXL turned to see V laying unconscious behind N.

She looked at J before speaking.

QXL:J.....why is V unconscious? I thought I sent her alongside you.

J's optics went wide, and she looked around in a panic before responding.

J:Y-yeah she was!

QXL:Then why is she laying unconscious on the ground!?

J quickly looked away, knowing she wasn't going to convince QXL and didn't respond.

QXL:I swear to JCjenson.....you know what? Since you were in charge of keeping track of her, I wont punish her....but your a different story entirely.

QXL's stinger retracted and her tail claw activated, J silently looked away, knowing what was about to happen.

QXL launched her tail claw at J, grabbing her before slamming her into the ground repeatedly, and then slamming her head through a metal pole sticking out of the ground, with said pole going straight through one of her optical sensors.

N, seeing what QXL was doing to J tried to step forward to defend his friend, only for the destroyer class disassembly drone to pull out a missile launcher at him.

QXL:Don't even try it, Designation N, or your going to end up just like your little friend here when im finished with her.

N backed away and QXL continued her beat-down of J, it went on for a while before eventually J was tossed away and she crashed into the snow. She lay there as QXL rolled her over and slammed her foot onto her torso, she looked down before speaking in a cold tone.

QXL:You know J, im surprised the company still kept you employed, let alone didn't scrap you entirely after the amount of times you have failed them.

J was trying her best not to cry. The thought of her being ripped away from the company and left to rot with the other scrapped drones horrified her.

QXL:X......throw this pathetic toaster over to the trash pile, she'll be sleeping outside the pod tonight.

X:Yes ma'am

QXL tossed J over to X, who looked up at him with pleading eyes, he looked at her before speaking.

X:Sorry J.....but Orders....are Orders.

With that, X flew up and threw J into a large pile of unused worker drone parts which she tumbled to the bottom of before landing next to a sign labeled "Trash pile". J tried to stand up but immediately collapsed due to her injuries.

QXL then turned to the other members of the squad as X landed beside G.

QXL:The rest of you, get back to your stations, don't slack off!

With that, all the other members of the Raven Squad went off to their respective areas of the spire. N was about to head to his when QXL stopped him.

QXL:Hey! Designation N!

N turned to face her before responding.

N:Y-Yes QXL?

QXL:Bring your "Girlfriend" back into the pod, im not responsible for picking up unconscious squad members off the ground.