Chapter Ten

March 24th 1986

11:46 AM

Byers' house

When Will woke up, he felt a sharp pain in his ankle.

'How the hell can a rock hurt your ankle so bad..?' He thought.

He heard snoring and sat up to look around.

Mike was on the floor to his left, rolled up in his blankets and snoring softly. Dustin and Lucas were to his right, Dustin's head laying on Lucas' shoulder as Lucas' hand was on Dustin's arm.

Will grabbed a pillow from his bed and threw one at Mike, doing the same to Dustin and Lucas.

"Wake up!" He shouted.

The three boys jumped up fast, glaring at Will.

Will smirked and got out of bed carefully.

"I'm hungry.." He tells them.

Will limped his way to the door and opened it, struggling a little to get up the steps, but making it.

Steve and Eddie were cuddling on the couch, Eddie on top of Steve, and Steve's hand resting on his back. In the recliner, Robin was lying with Nancy, Nancy's head on her shoulder.

Will smiled.

"Bunch of gays" He whispered to himself, feeling comfortable and safe in this environment.

Will felt a lot better knowing that these four adults and Dustin and Lucas didn't care what people thought of their relationships. Especially since it's the 80's. Maybe he could feel that way too.

Will slowly made his way to the kitchen, trying to ignore his throbbing ankle. He opened the freezer and sighed, grabbing a box of Eggo's.

He started making breakfast when he heard a loud thump from upstairs.

He didn't want to check it out, but then his mind started going wild.

'What if someone broke in?'

'What if El or Jonathan are hurt?'

'What if both are?'

'What if they're fighting with whoever slept in their room?'

'What if someone fainted?!'

Will put the Eggo box on the counter, and tried to run upstairs, which was hard with a limp.

He made it upstairs and knocked on Jonathan's door. All he heard was snoring.

He checked on El, knocking on her door.

It took a second, but the door opened and El stood there. Max sleeping on her floor.

El was crying, and as soon as she saw Will, a few more tears fell.

Will quickly grabbed her arm, gently pulling her into the hallway.

He pulled her into a hug and held her tightly. He felt El's arms wrap around him as she cried, her face buried in his chest.