Chapter 4

Maya:

I told him about my Husband and didnt really care. He started telling me how he would treat me and making me feel so better but kinda wanting him a little more. I was in the shower just thinking about some stuff. Like me and Jacob... I should not be at my Mother's house sleeping in my old room I should be at home cooking dinner,makin love to him anything but this. My thoughts ran right to Trayvion wonder what it would be like being his wife, having his kids.. Shit even being his girlfriend. He seem so-- I don't know like a soul mate or something. I just  have this feeling. I turned my water off and dried my body with my towel. Whatever my mother is cooking smells so good I can't wait to eat. I stayed a little longer at work because I love talking to Trayvion and I didnt even know we was talking that long.

I put my pajamas on and put my dirty clothes in the hamper.

I turned the light out and went downstairs, my mother was putting my plate of food down...Just in time.

"It smell so good Ma". I said sitting down getting ready to devour this food.

"You know How I do Maya". She said wrapping my dad's plate putting it in the fridge.

"Mom does it bothers you that your husband is never here". I asked out of curiosity.

"It use to, I almost got depress but when he comes hole he gives me all the attention but lately he haven't it kinda been bothering me.. Feel like I don't have a husband when I tel him he just tells me he's doing it to get us better things and he's almost done so I just take it".

I nodded my head and took a bite of my food.

"I have this problem, promise me you won't tell Dad?".

"I promise you know I dont tell a soul when we have mother daughter talk".
"I don't know if this sound right but I have some feelings for a guy at the Jail im like attracted to him... But I married but ever since he cheated ny feelings for Trayvion got stronger". I confessed.

"Maya Dating a convict wouldn't be a good look and you shouldn't be catching feelings for that boy yet you don't know how he act in the real world, 9 times out of ten he probably just want some sex from you dont you do that girl Im telling you".

"Ma I completely understand where you coming from but Trayvion is not like that but if I ever went with him he would be out of jail".

"All I know is that you better think long and hard about what you want".

"Okay".

I finished eating my food and washed my dish off. My mother was heading to bed this is her normal time. I sat on the couch and watched my shows still thinking about Tray and Jacob.

_________

"Another Day another Dollar". I said walking in the jailhouse.

I took a sip of my coffee and peeped the scene out. Men was a little bit of everywhere but it was calm. I seen one the new boys crying at a table.

"What happened to you boy, you somebodies bitch?". I joked around.

"I wanna go home". He said in between cries.

"How much time you got boy?".

"10 months ".

"Yeah you can do it son, just  think on the good side". I said patting his back.

I put my hair behind my ear and still looked around.

Trayion looked my direction, I waved at him then he started walking my way.

"Wassup Maya". He said sounding tired.

"Hey Tray you get some sleep".

"Nah man Ill be alright".

I was about to say something but I seen my Dad and Jacob walk in laughing it up...tf?