Sixth Chapter

Irene's POV.

I went to my office after the incident with my dad at the conference room. Joy followed me here and there she is just looking at me.

" If you're gonna say something, save it. Wala ako sa mood umintindi ng mga pangaral nanaman." I told her as I turn my back at her to make some coffee on the side of my office.

" I'm not gonna scold you, are you okay?" She said before going to my side and grabbing the coffee mug from my hand and started making me coffee.

I sighed before nodding, " As if it's the first time he did this. I'm fine." I told her reassuringly.

" Yun nga eh, ilang beses na nangyayari di pa din nagbabago si Tito. Di pa rin ata nya tanggap na ang Unica Ija nya ay hindi mapupunta sa lalaki." She said while chuckling.

My dad's beliefs are so ancient, he still thinks women are for men only and there's no other role for women aside from being a mother. But of course I proved him wrong because I did a better job than him being a businessman.

" What's the issue in here anyways? I've heard some rumors circulating." I said while Joy is handing me the coffee she made.

She went to my desk to get the folder, " Apparently there are records about exporting products but the numbers they've written in here and the cost of those products weren't matching." She said showing me the tally of the products they've shipped off.

I clicked my tongue, " I knew this would happen, Mr. Wong is behind this." I told her while smirking and finished my coffee before going back to my table.

" That report is the result of the trap I've laid for him and the other investors." I told her before typing something on my laptop. " You see here, there are some data that shows as if the products and profit that was recorded matches each other." I pointed my fingers on the graph and Joy followed my finger as I slide it towards the data sheet on the screen.

" But I've checked with the internal audit and the reports they've sent me? It weren't matching with the overall reports." I told her, she's nodding her head as if she understood the situation.

" Inside job." We said in unison.

" So you told Mr. Wong to handle this exportation so you could prove that he is behind all these corruptions?" she asked confirming her conclusion.

" Exactly, even the people in the internal audit is his people, he told me he will be adding people that will help me expand my businesses."

" So you let him corrupt your branch here , so you could take him down?"

I smirked, " Not just him, but all the investors who have profited from that activity , the people in my Internal audit department which is from the agency Mr. Wong built , also his agency. Altogether they'll get the literal kickback."

" And he didn't really corrupt my branch, I've appointed people who would send me all the money they've corrupted from my company once they are already caught."

" Wait is this why you were also targeting Suho De Castro as your investor? Because you know his investment will be bigger than all of those investors combined?" She said in awe.

" Couz don't be shocked, you're offending me parang di mo ko kilala nyan." I told her before raising my fist for a fist bump, which she instantly granted. 

" Go to the Recruitment , ask them if the workers from the Philippines have arrived already." I told her.

She enthusiastically followed my order.

In the business world you always have to have your one foot forward, a step ahead, a plan before anyone can even conduct a plan against you.

*Phone rings*

[hey, when are you coming home?] Jennie said from the other line.

Jennie Carbonell is my college best friend , she's the same age as me. Im turning 23 this year , she's just younger by months.

" After my business here in the US , I'll be home. Let's meet!" I said.

[ Sure , I have tons of things to tell you.]

I frowned," Is this about you and your red flag girlfriend again? I swear I'm gonna kick your ass."

[ Shush, she's not that red flag naman, maybe I just lack understanding.]

" You're trying your best to be the right person for the wrong one babe." I said with the hint of irritation in my voice.

[ Coming from someone who doesn't even have a lovelife of her own.]

" Seeing you have a hard time keeping yours is already a warning sign not to try it." I chuckled.

I heard her grunt on the other line, she's really easy to annoy.

[ Whatever. call me when you're here na. Babye! take care loveyah] she said before ending the call.

I just smiled after she hanged up on me, she's always advising me to try having a lovelife and such but I don't see the reason why it's a priority like come on this field is already stressful.

What more if someone would tell you things that you should do, ask for your attention and get jealous over anything that their minds could imagine.

That's frustrating for sure.

_______________________________________________________

Comments down hmm