Chapter 1

"Oh my god! I'm this close to walking my ass over there and giving him a piece of my mind!" I say out loud as if he could hear me but knowing damn well he can't.

After laying the pillow over my head in an attempt to buffer some of the noise, which was obviously unsuccessful, I glance over at my nightstand to allow my eyes to adjust to the bright light my clock was illuminating. Staring at the bright numbers on the screen only made me even more frustrated.

For the love of God, it is five-thirty five in the mother fricken morning and I don't have to get up for another hour or so! I don't understand how someone could be so disrespectful and inconsiderate to play loud music while others are clearly trying to sleep. "Even the roosters are telling him to be quiet," I say to myself as I hear one cry out loud.

"Ughhh, what an asshole," I mutter turning my bedside lamp on knowing damn well I won't be getting anymore sleep this morning. As I get out of bed and make my way into my bathroom, I casually look in the mirror and see a glimpse of the atrocity before me. I actually look like a character from the walking dead. My golden colored hair was all over the place, my face was puffy with still remnants of drool on the corner of my mouth, and not to mention the dark under eye circles that were giving no justice to my bluish green eyes. Also, I'm pretty such I have a rash coming in from God knows what. Or maybe it's a bug bite. The point is I look like complete ass and I know it has to do with that jerk who lives in the house right next to me.

I decided to take a quick shower because I know those always help me feel better when I feel like crap. After 10 minutes I step out, and a cold breeze sweeps over my cold wet body making me shiver. I wrap the towel around me and make my way to my room to get change. I put on my work clothes, go downstairs for a quick breakfast and then head to the office to prepare for the day. I'm always the first one in before all my employees. I know I don't have to but I prefer it this way. I enjoy the silence before all the bustle starts.  I look at my diary to see my schedule for today.

8:00-10:00 conference room round up
10:00-11:00 meeting with Julia and Max (renovating their kitchen and living room)
11:00-11:30 lunch
12:00-1:00 meeting with potential client
1:00-2:00 call about stock in carpet and pre-order wallpaper for the '333 project
2:00-4:00 go over samples for current projects

Alright, not too bad. I first make myself tea and then finish up some sketches for my meeting with Julia and Max. They purchased a beautiful home a couple months ago and when I looked at their space, I absolutely loved it. It was very spacious, had high ceilings and big windows for natural lighting; perfect bones for me to work my magic. I love them too. Julia has great style and Max is willing to give anything to make that woman smile. To be honest, I am kind of envious that I haven't found the one yet. I mean I am 24 years old and I haven't even been in love. A part of me thinks that I may just end up lonely with nine cats. Anyways, I love all my clients, each one is so different from others but helping them make their dreams a reality is one of the many reasons why I love my job. I love going through the process and seeing their faces of the end result.

I glance at my clock and before you know it it is 7:55. I am in such a groove of things that I haven't even noticed all my employees are in and working, I see staring out the glass wall of my office. It's time to go to the conference room for the monthly company meeting. These meetings usually happen every first of the month and while I don't enjoy meetings as much, my crew makes it much more enjoyable. They are all amazing people and are all incredible at their job. We have Linda, team leader of marketing for us. They help us bring in new clients and make sure the company continues to stay relevant and popular. There's Stacy, leader of finance. They handle the budgeting of the company as a whole as well as the budget of our clients to make sure we can get the best deal for them and don't go over board. We have Marcus, lead designer. Him and his team work with the clients to develop the framework of the project and make sure to incorporate the needs of our clients. They also work with the art team, Monica (leader of the art team) to execute the plan accordingly. Amanda is the lead of the project manager team who does exactly that; make sure each project runs on time and is on track to finish when it's supposed to. Of course we have IT, Human Resources, our own lawyer, etc everything you will have in a normal company. Lastly we have me, CEO of the interior design company, Lux Living and Designs. I obviously run the company itself but also take on personal jobs if clients specifically ask for me, if we are behind on work, or honestly sometimes I just take jobs for the fun of it. It's my favorite task to do.

I get up from my desk and head to the conference room while others begin to file in as well. We all greet each other and I begin the meeting.