Chapter 5

After putting on my white plain shirt that hugs my biceps perfectly and a baggy black trousers, I made my way out and closed the shack door softly. The cold breeze hit me straight into my face and body, I shivered. Damn why I have not put on a jacket? But I'm a goddamn lazy man to walk inside and look for a jacket so I started my way to Dianne's Cabin. It's already quarter to eight and the moon peeked shyly to the huge trees giving my path dim light.
(Loud howls)
I suddenly felt tiny steps around me, I never heard of wolf’s existence in this place but— (Loud howls) I quicken my pace as disturbing sounds of Howling became closer to my location. After a minute or two I found myself on a small cabin. It was a log cabin surrounded by perfectly tall Taxodium mucronatum (Montezuma cypress). A huge smile unexpectedly crawled its way to my lips as a weird feeling of sensation brought butterflies to my stomach.
I brought my fist up to knock but the door swung open revealing the pale, Alice?
"Come in," Alice coldly said. I wonder what's wrong with her, does she no longer like me?
"Of course, thank you for opening that door—", I was cheerfully bubbling but Alice rudely debunked my energy with her cold manners.
"Please, come to the dining table", she escorted me to the warm dining area. I was astonished by her actions then Dianne appeared out of nowhere with grinning pale face.
"You've come, welcome to our humble home Drew.” Dianne announced in a graceful manner. I stared at her as I was captivated by how she said my name Drew. It was a music to my ears. I cleared my throat before I hallucinate things again.
I took a sit in front of Alice, it's a small circular ivory table, and an elegant candlestick was placed on the center producing a romantic dim light. Dianne and Alice both appears to be naturally inhumane with the dim light. However, I wandered my eyes in the table there were traditional Mexican menus such as Cemita Poblana, tortas, chiltomate and one of the rarest food in the table for Mexicans, ground beef.
"Shall we start?” Dianne smiled at me urges me to take the first bite. I took a small slices of tortas and ground beef while Alice sat across me unmoving. Dianne made jokes throughout the dinner making the ambiance more comfortable. We were talking about their lives before they moved in Mexico, her stories were hilarious! I was laughing so hard that I accidentally made a small cut on my left ring finger causing for blood to escape my veins. Alice sniffed hardly, her eyes turned bloody red—nostrils flaring, ready to launch—I froze.
She looks beautifully dangerous a crossed me but Dianne continued swallowing her food before declaring “Drew, it's already late at night. I'm sorry for the rudeness but Alice seems not feeling well. I think you should leave." Dianne sounds begging yet calm. The atmosphere shifted—smelling wild and murderous.
Alice abruptly smiled showing her white fangs, she growled in powerful and threatening voice. Eyes on my wound then spoke, "Stay".