Chapter 11

The next few days flew by. Ashton was gone and we were texting and keeping in touch while he was away but I missed him so much. We had never been away from each other for this long. The boys were good at keeping my mind off of it though. The first few shows they did without Ash were really shakey and the fans were very supportive but everyone could tell the shows just weren't right. After about the third concert without Ash they were pretty good at just playing over all the heavy drum sections and everyone brought we miss Ashton signs. We were in Pittsburg for a show and I was sitting in my hotel room with Elizabeth and Michael. They were making me laugh as usual because I was missing Ash. Suddenly my phone started ringing. The call was from an unknown number and when I answered a familiar voice was on the other end. "Daniella" he managed to say between sobs "My uncle died today." "Ashton I'm so sorry." I said. I took the call in the other room and talked to Ashton for an hour before he finally stopped crying. He told me that his family was taking the loss really hard and that he needed to stay until his family could deal with this on their own. He told me that he knew that the boys needed him but his family had to come first. He asked if I would please tell them because he couldn't face them in his current state. Of course I agreed and hung up quickly to tell them. "Michael, Luke, Calum come here!" I shouted as they all walked into my room. "Ok guys I just got off the phone with Ash and Kelly passed away this morning. They are all taking it pretty hard so Ashton wants to stay there for a while longer." "Yeah, ok well we need to continue this tour and management is getting really mad that the shows without Ashton aren't doing as well. We may want to consider getting a replacement drummer for the time being. The songs sound so weird without drums and I don't think Ash would mind. It's for the good of this tour." Michael said. The rest of the boys nodded in agreement and I told them that they should tell Ashton before doing this to make sure he was ok with it. They said they would and honestly I was worried about he was going to take it.