19 - [𝙋𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙡]

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘴𝘬𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧-𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘶𝘯.

Under the blankets, Georgia hummed to herself, hugging her pillow tight as she wriggled around in cold sweat. Her breathing picked up pace as her eyes were screwed shut, soft crying bouncing off the room's walls as her movement continued to increase.

"NO–" Georgia yelled before slapping her hand over her mouth.

Her breathing slowed down as she sat up on her bed, eyes wide in fear and beads of sweat trailing from her hairline and slowly travelling down the frame of her face.

She pulled her hand away from her mouth, pulling her dry lips into a thin line as she hugged her knees close, placing her head on top of them. She shut her eyes, trying to recollect her thoughts as the birds slowly began to chirp outside.

Suddenly her alarm clock rang, and the brunette jumped up before relaxing once she spotted her alarm. It was only a dream. It couldn't hurt her now.

6:00 am.

She let out a sigh, running her hands through her brunette locks before flopping onto her bed again, her hands covering her face as she recollected her thoughts. 

Pulling her blanket off, she got ready for the day once again, tying her hair up into a neat ponytail as she stepped out of her room. She glanced over at Hunter's door longingly.

He wouldn't mind a morning visit, right?

No.

She shook her head. He was probably awake way before her, heck was probably waiting for her to hurry up and get ready. The patrol was waiting, and so was he.

She shrugged off her breakfast, walked passed the break room in hurry and headed towards the direction of the entrance of the palace. Her breath hitched as she stood before the two large double doors of the palace, hesitation filling the pit of her stomach.

She frowned before letting out a shaky breath, pulling her silver mask from her side as she pushed the large wooden door open. She braced herself, waiting for someone to reprimand her.

A smile grew when she heard nothing. 

"You ready for patrol, partner?"

Georgia looked to her right, hearing a familiar voice as she noticed Hunter's golden mask glinting in the Bonesborough sun.

"You can bet I am," She said, rushing over to Hunter's side.

"Good, cause patrol is gonna be so boring you're gonna want to be prepared." 

Hunter joked, Georgia bursting into laughter as the two got onto their respective staffs, taking off for the market just outside the castle.

"Come on, I don't think it's gonna be that bad," She grinned. "Besides, what's the worst that could happen?"

–––

"Titan save us this is the worst day ever," Georgia groaned, leaning her back against the alleyway's wall.

"Told you so," Hunter said in a sing-song voice.

"I mean, all we're doing is watching people pass by and buying things! Why can't I buy things?" Georgia pouted.

"Because all those things are materialistic and useless in the Titan's grand scheme."

"Well, could we at least do something cool? Like arresting rebels! Or– or listening out for spies!" Georgia gripped Hunter's shoulder eagerly.

"Georgie, that just isn't our job currently," Hunter sighed, gently taking Georgia's hands in his. "But if you'd like, we can walk around the market if it makes you feel any better."

"But all they do is whisper and gossip when we pass by..."

"It's better than standing against a wall in the shadows, right?"

"...Fair enough," She huffed, grabbing her staff as Hunter walked ahead. "Maybe a nearby demon will eat me while I'm at it. That'd be more entertaining."

"Har har," Hunter rolled his eyes. "It's my duty to protect you, so good luck with that... Little One."

"Oh come on, Hunter!" The brunette crossed her arms in embarrassment. "That was a low blow. Only my dad gets to call me that."

"Really? Cuz I just did," Hunter grinned, the two obliviously passing by an abandoned mansion.

"Yeah, and it felt so weird so–"

Georgia halted in her footsteps, her eyes widened as they caught onto the sight of the towering building. Her breathing hitched as it slowly registered in her mind that they were so busy talking that she hadn't realised that they had walked right out of the market.

"So?" 

Hunter smiled as he turned around, his smile dropping once he saw his childhood crush frozen in her spot before the abandoned home.

"Georgia? You alright?" The blonde boy walked toward Georgia, frowning at her as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Y-Yeah... I'm alright, it's just that... that's where the bird lead me," She frowned. "The one that took the plush. Finn, I think."

"Finn..." Hunter mumbled. "Right... we should go back to the market–"

"N-No."

Hunter perked up, frowning at Georgia.

"Hunter, I wanna know what I saw in there. Why this house was in my dreams. Why do those two wild witches seem to know me," She pulled her mask off, looking at Hunter with pleading eyes.

"Hunter, I know it's your job to protect me, but if you want to leave, you can. I'll take the blame," She gently picked up his hands. "Just please, trust me on this. And please just promise me that you know that you're putting yourself in probable danger."

Hunter frowned, looking aside before taking a glance back in Georgia's direction, sighing to himself. He gripped her hands tighter, nodding.

"How could I ever say 'no' to that face?" Hunter held onto her hand, smiling under the mask before she pulled him close, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you," She whispered as he blushed slightly.

He hugged her back, chuckling to himself before she pulled away.

"So, I'm ready when you are," He smiled, holding his hand out. 

Georgia took in a deep breath, frowning at the 'abandoned' home. She placed her hand into Hunter's placing her mask on as she looked at him, nodding.

"Let's go, partner."