Chapter Fifty Four

Mikayla's POV

I sat there in silent as I listened to Alia talk about everything she has been through, a part of me was taken aback at all the horrible she had to went through but a part of me was angry. I was having a hard time trying to understand how a parent could do this to their own child? Their job was to love and support and be there for their children no matter what goes wrong. I mean that was a basic thing to do as a parent, they literally took that responsibility when they chose to have a child. Not calling their kids names and making them feel like shit in general. She didn't deserve that, nobody deserves that.

I heard Alia sighed next to me and looked down at her hand. "It took me this long to share this with you because I was scared. I don't want to lay my burden onto you and make you feel bad when we're literally having a nice time. I mean you're probably tired of hearing my ramble about my shitty past that you don't give a shit about it." She chuckled lightly. "I understand if you feel like that. I mean, everyone else does. If you feel like this is too much, the whole ordeal about me, I can leave. No one wants to be with someone who has baggage that they can't carry it."

I was still stuck within my own thoughts that I didn't answer her, not until I felt her about to stand up that I finally snapped out of my trance. My hand immediately reached hers to stop her from leaving. "Wait I—I'm sorry it's not what you're thinking. I was lost in my thoughts, trying to register everything that you just said Alia. I don't want you to leave, stay with me." I said sincerely, hoping she could understand and I was practically begged her with my eyes. Alia looked at me for a moment before sat down again. I let out a breath of relief, moving closer to her and grabbed her hands. "I'm not tired of anything Allie and don't ever feel afraid to lay your burden on me or hide yourself away. Lay everything on me if you need to, all your distress, pain, hurt...do whatever you want if that helps you feel better. If I can make your world just a little less painful, I'd do it in a heartbeat. And I would do it again and again until there was no longer pain, but filled with happiness and peaceful. So please let me do that, let me in behind those walls and let me watch them fall apart from inside."

A tear finally escaped her eyes then and I watched it rolled down on her face before my hand wiped it away. Cupping her cheek, I let her stare at my eyes to show her that I meant every word that I said. This girl has gone through many things that she doesn't deserve, yet her soul was still as pure as an angel. All the hatred, the anger she had to endured and not a single second I saw them exist in her. The sweetest soul I have ever seen.

"Why are you doing this?" She choked out, hands shakily in mine. "Why getting yourself in a mess when you could simply walk away? What if you get hurt?" Alia looked at me, her eyes shown confusion clearly.

I locked my eyes with her as I mustered up the courage, ready to let her know the one thing I've been keeping from her since forever. "Because I love you." I let it out, finally.

I watched as her eyes got widen and mouth slightly opened. Alia tried to croak out something but couldn't, instead she was still staring at me in shock.

I smiled and tucked a hair out of her face. "It's okay. You don't have to say it back, I said it because I want to make sure you know."

Alia put on a small smile on her lips before leaned in and kissed me, passionately as her hand went around my shoulders, my hand held her face close to mine. Our lips moved in sync together as she deepened the kiss, bringing me closer. When the need for air became too much it was then we parted, Alia's lips were swollen when she pulled back and I was sure mine too.

"Everything about you is just too perfect." She said quietly, her eyes scanned my face intently.

I only smiled in return and opened my arm for her to come close. She wasted no time throwing herself in my embrace as I breathed in her scent, rested my head against hers while we were gazing at the stars.