Chapter 1: Hello

I'm Hastune Miku! I'm a vocaloid who loves leeks!... Well I think I do at least, seeing I'm only an android that can't understand human emotions, I don't think I really can love them, can I? Hmm... One day, I wish I could become a human with Rin, Len, Luka, Kaito and Meiko. Master said when I was created, or for Rin, Len, and Luka's sake, when they were created, that they were my friends, but I don't know, when I look through the monitor, sometimes I see two happy people that seem to be bonded somehow and could never be torn apart, kind of like Rin and Len, but yet somehow different. I wish I could understand what it was... It was always different when Master was gone, like all of our battery levels were below average or something. It was like when Master was around us, he lit a firework into the night making such pretty colors... I wonder if that's how the night sky feels. 

 Well, us vocaloids live in a world of programing. Even the Utaus and Fanloids— but I don't understand the difference between them and vocaloids, if there really is one anyway. There were so many of us, we usually just stick with the ones from our companies. Some companies were larger, some were smaller. Some had more vocaloids, and some had just a few. There are three people from my company: Rin Kagamine, Len Kagamine and Luka Megurine. However, Meiko and Kaito somehow transferred to our company, which didn't even know was possible. But then again, I didn't know it was possible for a single vocaloid to know two languages or two vocaloids to be created together, so I guess anything is possible really. So maybe one day I'll be a human! Of course it'll happen— it just has to happen. 

 I wake up in my pink P.J. outfit, went to the window and watched the sunrise that was programed to happen at 7:00 every morning. Surely when I become a human, it'll be as beautiful as a sunrise. Suddenly, my body flashed white and when a second had passed, I was wearing my usual outfit that kind of looked like a school uniform. However, I don't think school uniforms usually have detached sleeves but this was the outfit Master had given me the day he created me. 

 So, this is my life. Sure, there are a few glitches here and there, but it's okay. The best part of the day is when Master comes and works with me. I wonder what being a human is like... I'm sure it's nice...