Chapter ONE

It was his favorite time of the year. Fall. The cusp of winter, the seasons end, the beginning of the yearly holidays. He thought nothing of this, only the peace and quite as he walked through the woods, admiring the splay of colors all arounder him. "Beautiful, I would say, if the trees could hear me..." I mumbled to myself. As I moved along, I started to notice some of the trees were scratched. Others were missing all of its leaves. Then I saw one the was completely ripped from the ground, it's roots daring to touch the sky. "What in the world....." I fell silent as I looked up and realized that that was not the only trees pulled up. A whole trail was shattered through the trees. Taking it upon my self to find out what it was, I slowly navigated the twisted roots and gnarled limbs of the now dead trees until my sight fell upon a large grey bolder, sitting in the middle of a large clearing. All of the trees had been cleared of the area long ago, as I used to come here as a small child. I called it Kings Cove, after a nursery ryme I'd listen to from school. Honestly though, I'd thought it had been filled in with trees, as my mom had told me, but obviously that had been a lie. Another thing wrong was the bolder. It was never there when I was here. Although it may have been why his mom told him to stay away. "Weird" I say to myself. "Indeed" came a reply. "Holy crap, who's there?" "Only i, but you needent worry your self with such trivials..." "Show your self!" I yell as I back into the bolder. I feel the bolder with my hands, sensing not the hand holds and pock marks of rock, but smooth and warm. Not the case for any rock I knew of. And then it moved. I could feel the rock start to move as if it were water, rolling down a stream. I was to frightened to move so when the rock stopped moving, I jumped forward and spun around. What I saw was too amazing to fully comprehend in one go, so I looked twice, and trice. Rubbed my eyes and pinched my self. And yet here it was, something in his finest fantasies, standing on two legs and holding and egg, was a dragon. "James Heartwood" said the dragon "you will now be assigned with protecting this egg. You will be a dragon guard..."

Authors note

Hey guys, Nick here, tell me, how was my first chapter? Should I move on? Any future ideas? (Actually, hold those ideas till around chapter 3 or 5 if you will) Rate, Comment, Follow! And a full thanks for reading the first chapter. Next chapter will be posted withen two weeks, so be on your toes! Thanks all!

ThunderNimbus