Ordinary - Emilo

Hola, my name is Emilo but almost everyone calls me Milo. I'm in the 5th grade. My family and I are from Mexico but when I was little about 5 years old we moved to western Pennsylvania. My parents said it was for better work. But I know the truth. We moved because my uncle Juan was killed by the Sinaloa Cartel. He owed them money so we left to hide from the cartel. After my uncle died I got his leather jacket because it was a family heirloom that had been in my family for 5 generations and my uncle Juan didn't have any kids.

I miss my old home, in Pennsylvania. My father got a promotion at his work so we had to move again. He decided to take my mother and me with him because my mother always wanted to see new places around the world. Still, I didn't want to keep moving to different schools, States, and even countries. I feel like it's also a waste of money. One day I can feel that we're going to be broke and have no money to head back to Pennsylvania and be stuck in a place where I don't want to be.

The first day of a new school. We ended up moving from western Pennsylvania to East LA. My parents tell me to make new friends at this new school but I don't want to because what the point if we are just going to move again.

The first day of school is always the worst. Walking into the office I was nervous about being in an unfamiliar place. So I stood behind my mother. My father grabbed my arm and pulled me from behind my mother and angrily whispered in my ear, "You're not 7 years old, get it together you're going to become a man!"

As I sat down in a chair nearby me, my mother sat next to me as my father stands in between us, they started to talk about what classes I'll be in, Lunch and teachers, as my parents left and the principal showed me around the school building. I went to my homeroom teacher Mrs.White's class first. She taught science and social studies. Then to Mr.Cardinal for math, and my favorite teacher Mrs. Lemon who taught English. Mrs.Lemon welcomed me with a lovely smile on her face I started to be shy at first, but I introduced myself and became less nervous than before. Mrs.Lemon then showed me what they were working on and what it was about.

When I was in Mr.Cardinal's class I asked to go to the restroom and he let me go but I crashed into someone when I was in the hallway.

"S-sorry," I mumbled out.

"Hey, why are you in my way in the first place huh!"

He must be one of the school bullies that Luca, who sits next to me in Mrs. Lemons's class was talking about. He matches the description that Luca gave to me of the leader so he must be Jasper the leader of the bullies.

"I-I'm sorry I wasn't paying any attention"

"Ew I got touched by a freak aren't you that dumb new kid? Well, 'FREAK' get out of people's way and start looking forward, dummy! but you're also lucky you're a newbie."

I almost got a black eye or something I'm lucky that I'm a new kid anyways like he said but I wonder what he'll say next or even his buddies that mess with me I don't know what to do now maybe I should let the teacher know when I walked in the classroom Jasper and his buddies looked at me and gave me deadly look I started to feel cold as I walked up to Mr.Cardinal I was going to tell him about Jasper as he still gave me that cold look but instead I said, "W-what did I miss?"

"Nothing much we're about to be in our groups for a project," replied Mr.Cardinal.

I walked to my seat, Jasper had a smirk on his face and almost started to giggle a little bit but not in a funny way in that cold dark way like a psychopath.

A girl and her friend group came up to me and asked if I would be in their group because she needed one more person. We had to work in a group of four and they only had three. Her name was Julieta and her friends were twins named Ezmerelda and Esperanza. As we started to work together we all started to get along pretty well. I looked up and my heart felt as if it had almost skipped a beat. Julieta's eyes were on me as she told me about what they were doing because it was my first day. Her eyes were a beautiful hazel. I looked away as we started discussing how we had to figure out the length and height of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I went there over the summer so I know the answer but I want to make sure I was correct at the time.

"The length is 330 meters and the Hight is 1,083 ft (to the tip)," I say as they try to figure it out.

"Wait how would you know the answer that quickly?" Esperanza had asked with a look of disbelief on her face.

"One year over the summer I went and saw it. I may be wrong but if I remember correctly that was the answer."

While Ezmerelda tries to get that answer Julieta starts to say something so I looked up at her before she said: "Wow, you must have a great memory to remember that!"

We then worked on how to get the answer to show our work so we would get full credit because without the work we would get a zero. Our group was the only group to get it correct.

word count - 1001

A/N 

Thanks for reading Te Quiero. I hoped you liked chapter 1. Sorry, it took so long to write. S has a summer camp she goes to from Monday - Friday and so we haven't seen much of each other lately. So it took us longer to write. -A

Gracias por leer Te Quiero. Esperaba que le gustara el capítulo 1. Lo siento, tardó tanto en escribir. S tiene un campamento de verano al que va de lunes a viernes y así que no hemos visto mucho el uno del otro últimamente. Así que nos tomó más tiempo escribir. -A

Last edited - July 17, 2022