The Letter - Julieta

Hi, my name is Julieta but my friends call me Jules. I was born in East LA and have lived here my entire life. My life is as simple as it can be until milo came into my life in 5th grade. When I was three my father left. My older brother and my mother kept moving forward and my mother found someone new. He's like a father to me. He treats my older brother and me as if we were his blood. About a year later my mother got pregnant and had my little brother.

We became a happy family all together, just the five of us. There wasn't anything else I could ever ask for. The school was like normal, there were bullies, drama, and so much more.

We've been hearing about a new student all day. I had just walked into Mr. Cardinals' class when I saw him. He introduced himself as Emilo but said he prefers to be called Milo. Mr.Cardinal was just explaining that we had to work in a group of four and he asked me to close the door because there was noise coming from the hallway.

Before I closed the door I looked out into the hallway to see if I can see who is making all the noise. I see milo talking to the school's bully, Jasper. It seemed as if he was going to punch Milo but I saw that he paused for a minute and I overheard him say, "You're lucky you're a newbie"

That's nothing like Jasper I told myself all I did was stare and Mr.Cardinal called for me and asked why I haven't closed the door yet. I quickly responded with, "I was making sure nothing else was in the uhh Hallway. I saw Emilo and Jasper on their way back. Is it okay if I keep it open until they return?"

"Yes, that's fine but let's continue."

After a good minute or two Jasper walks in with an evil grin as always. Milo walks in not long after. Mr. Cardinal told us to get into our groups. My group only had three people, my two best friends, twin sisters Ezmerelda and Esperanza. We still needed one more person so when Milo sat back down after he went to talk to the teacher. He looked nervous as he looked at Jasper. So the twins and I walked up to Milo and he looked a bit upset because he didn't have anyone to work with. I decided to ask him to be a part of our group.

He agreed so for the next hour or two as we were trying to figure out the answer Mio had said in a quiet voice, "The Length is 330 meters and the height is 1,083 (on the tip)."

"How did you know the answer that quickly?" Esperanza had asked with a look of disbelief on her face. He didn't even have any work shown on his paper so how would he know the answer.

"One year over the summer I went and saw it. I may be wrong but if I remember correctly that was the answer," responded Milo.

While Ezmerelda tries to get the answer that Milo had said I decided to look at Milo and say, "Wow, you must have a great memory to remember that!"

Afterward, we worked hard to get a hundred percent and not get a zero for all of us. After he graded the papers we were the only ones to get the answers correct all because of Milo.

Later that day I was thinking to myself while heading home with my friends. Esmeralda and Esperanza were telling me how I would date Milo in the future. Which is crazy. I had only just met him.

"Uh, no way, why would I ever fall in love with a new student that just transferred here. It's not that easy to fall in love..." I shouted before I continued talking in a much calmer voice, "You have to get to know the person first. At least that's what my mom says."

"Sometimes it can be love at first sight. I saw the way you look at him!" Esperanza said with a smirk on her face.

"Well, he's not that cute," I say whispering to myself.

"Wait, did you just say he was cute?" Ezmerelda shouted as we turned the corner and ran right into Crystal.

Crystal, the school's drama queen, and blabbermouth. She decided to be nosey and worm her way into our conversation, "Oh, I'm going to tell whatever his name was that you like him!"

"No, don't do that!" I shouted before I could stop myself. Now she is going to tell. If only I didn't react she would not have told anyone. Now she's going to tell everyone.

"Why not huh, do you like that little freak?"

"That's none of your business."

"Now I'm going to tell the entire school you like him, let's see how that works out for you."

The three of us stood there as Crystal started to run home. The twins and I walked away in shock at what would happen the next day. If there would be rumors or not. I was telling myself what if she did but nothing happens and just a couple of people talked about it. I went to bed early and had a nightmare. It was about all the different possibilities of what could happen. Like I can get teased by all the other kids and rejected by him.

The next day I didn't want to go and was even thinking about faking sick but I would have to find out what happens sooner or later. I decided to find out sooner so I got ready and started my walk to school. When I got there, there was a slip of paper in my cubby. I took it out and read it. "Hi, Julieta I just wanted to say that you're really pretty and to tell you that I like you a lot.-R"

What did this mean someone likes me. I don't believe them. It's probably a stupid joke from Crystal or her boyfriend Jasper.

Word count - 1036

A/N

Thanks for reading Te Quiero. S and I hoped you like chapter 2.  - A

Gracias por leer Te Quiero. S y yo esperamos que te gusta el capítulo 2. - A

Last edited July 18, 2022