Chapter 4.5: Loving Lies (But Only This Once)

Here's part 2 aka 4.5 for you all. Enjoy :)

Fun fact :It would have been over 2000 words if I posted it all together.

Made it extra long cause I was late. Please enjoy :)

Chapter 4 Part 2: Loving Lies (but only this once)

Caleb's POV

As Ms. D finished her speech on the speaker, everyone looked at me in rage.

"Now I can't be homecoming queen! Thanks a lot Caleb!" Valerie says and walks off, Her girls following her as if they don't have lives of their own.

I look around and everyone is giving me the same look: an angry one.

"I'm so sorry. I will fix this!" I say and almost trip as I walk away from them.

The only question is how?

<><><><>

"During prohibition, many people felt that their freedom was taken away. People in the 20's would hold speakeasies to help them pass time by."

"What's a speakeasy?" I ask confused.

"Great question Caleb" Ms. Dayton says. "A speakeasy is like a secret club. People made these so they could get what they want without getting in trouble. For example, in the 1920's many people held speakeasies so they could have beer without the government knowing."

Wait a second.
Homecoming cancelled = Prohibition being banned
Government = Mr. Stark and Ms. D

So what if homecoming is a speakeasy? Perfect! Now, where can my speakeasy be? Well, XO-IQ is performing tonight. Everyone could be there to support! Perfect! Now I need to get the word out about this and I know just the perfect person to go to about this.

<><><><>

"Of course the Sun-Hi nation will always be there for XO-IQ members." Sun-Hi says happily.

"It has gotten bigger than your family right?"

"Caleb, it always was bigger then my family."

I laugh and we part ways so we can spread the word. This will be good.

<><><><>
Jodi's POV

"I can't believe homecoming is cancelled!" I say in frustration in class. Right when I build up the nerve to ask Caleb, I can't even ask him. Well I could, but it'd be stupid.

"It's not cancelled!" The girl next to me says. She's my English partner, but we don't talk much.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I ask her confused.

"Caleb is throwing a secret homecoming to make up for the one he screwed up. It's going to be at Club Ry Ri tonight."

"Woah thanks!" I say to her. Now I can ask Caleb!

<><><><>

I see Caleb in the hallway after school.

Now or never Jodi.

"Caleb! You and I are going to homecoming." I say. I just demanded that he will go with me. What is wrong with me?

"Jodi! I'd love to be your date to homecoming, but I am DJ'ing at the dance. I'm really sorry."

"Right... Of couse." I say sadly. We both try to leave and we end up going the same way for a bit. We laugh a bit.

"If that's how you dance, then it would have been fun going with you." He says.