Benefits of Yoga for Cancer SurvivorsUntitled Part 1

Yoga involves conscious stretching and postures, regular breathing, and meditation. Yoga aims to bring the body, mind, and spirit into harmony. The word itself means to join or combine. It is a way of thinking that promotes internal completeness in order to support health and vitality.

Cancer Survivors and Yoga

Yoga provides special benefits for patients with cancer, in order to help them maintain flexibility and focus. Cancer-related fatigue, insomnia, and pain symptoms can reduce your quality of life. Yoga's potential benefits for cancer patients have been the subject of some research in recent years. According to these studies, cancer victims can benefit from improved physical and mental health.

Physical Advantages
Flexibility, strength, muscle tone, and balance can all be improved by yoga. When you have surgery or spend a lot of time in bed recovering from cancer treatments, these could all be affected. Numerous cancer symptoms can alter activity levels in general. Here is a list of a few.

Loss of Appetite: Yoga may occasionally help with the appetite loss that frequently follows a cancer diagnosis.

Pain: When used as a supplemental therapy, yoga may lessen cancer-related pain. In other words, yoga is utilised in conjunction with prescription painkillers and other standard medicine tools.

Insomnia: Yoga may be useful for cancer patients who have trouble sleeping or staying asleep. This is more significant than it might seem because insomnia in cancer patients can worsen fatigue, reduce the quality of life, and potentially affect survival.
Fatigue: A few studies found a significant decrease in cancer-related fatigue when yoga was practised.

Emotional Benefits

Anxiety: Yoga may reduce cancer-related anxiety through its soothing exercises and breathing techniques.

Stress: Yoga seems to play a role in reducing stress for cancer patients. Studies have shown that's true based on how people say they feel, as well as the levels of stress-related markers measured in the body.

Emotional Distress: People with cancer who regularly practice yoga report decreased emotional distress associated with their sickness.

Recurrence risk is reduced

Regular yoga practice results in decreased body fat density, which can assist to minimize the chance of cancer recurrence." One risk factor is obesity. Even after a diagnosis and recovery, managing your risks is crucial when it comes to cancer. Yoga is a form of regular exercise that can help reduce the risk.

Cautions
Yoga may help with some cancer symptoms, but it is important to keep in mind that it is not a cure for the disease. It's crucial to consult your doctor before starting any exercise, including yoga. Some yoga poses could be harmful to some people with cancer because they put a strain on their joints and muscles.