𝟎𝟎𝟐

Chapter two❝ Welcome home

Chapter two
Welcome home.

"Moo, let's go!" Dad calls for the second time.

"I'm coming!" I grabbed my phone and carry on bag then rush out of the room and downstairs to where dad, Jackson and Nora were waiting with my junk that i'm lugging across the country. Theo was sat on the couch playing some game— clash of clans maybe, on his phone.

"Alright, kiddo. Got everything?" Dad asks looking over all the bags and items that we've gathered in the hallway.

"Yeah, I think so." I nod looking over everything as well.

"Let's get going then." He starts picking up the bags making Jackson, Nora and I do the same.

"Theo, let's go bud." Dad says. Theo looks up for a split second then back at his game. "I just got raided, dad. This isn't good timing." He says making me roll my eyes.

"That's cause your base sucks. I told you to add the launchers." Jackson scoffed.

"Theo, let's go." Nora orders like the stand-in mother she is.

Theo jumps up and quickly makes his way out the front door— face still glued to his phone. I grab my carry on bag and follow the others out after taking one more look back into my home.

I let out a small sigh then walk out closing the door behind me.

Dad loads the bags into the car and we all jump in, Jackson getting shotgun and Theo in between Nora and I.

I put my AirPods in and press shuffle on a random Spotify playlist. I go to Twitter and scroll through my notifications for a moment then decide to tweet something to update the random people online that have decided to follow me.

twitter.com

m❤️‍🔥 @/flatmaddy
imagine moving across the country
on your own
19,386 likes | 9836 retweets

I think that was cryptic enough.

"So Moo, you need to call me at least once a day, got it?" Dad asks as he looks at me through the rear view mirror.

I take out one AirPod. "You got it." I nod.

"And don't be calling me at 10pm or whatever because of the time differences. I'm not answering calls at one in the morning." He narrows his eyes at me.

"Four hours behind. I remember, dad." I repeat his words from the other day when he was going over everything with me.

"Now that she's going, can we turn her room into a man cave?" Jackson asks, looking at me out of the corner of his eye.